lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2011, 12:46 PM   #11
evcrawfish
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: yamaha g2 pickup coil ground burnt off

ok, took the morning and checked out the clutch system. as far as i can tell, even though it was corroded pretty good, it looks like it is functioning normally. i adjusted the governor back to the "original" position. still same result.
ok, let me start by saying that i was pushing the throttle all the way down and had it cutting out, after playing with the cart last night and then this morning i can see the "rev limiter" cuts the ignition off. that is very aggravating and i can see why some people go to the trouble of doing other options. however, to be thorough i got on the cart, put in gear and wanted to see how it would act going slowly till i reached the governor of the transmission. my problem of cutting out is definitely in the engine side of things. i hate to just change parts for the sake of changing parts, but it would appear that my issue is either going to be in the pickup coil, ignition coil, or the ignitor. in my little pea brain head i can't think of anything else it could be.
evcrawfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2011, 08:08 PM   #12
toadady
Gone Wild

Yamaha

i reread your post twice, and don't see where you pulled the sparkplug, when our cart gave us fits and simple plug change and we were back up and running.
toadady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:25 PM   #13
evcrawfish
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadady View Post
i reread your post twice, and don't see where you pulled the sparkplug, when our cart gave us fits and simple plug change and we were back up and running.
yes, spark plug has been dealt with. i had just forgotten to post it with the other stuff. thanks for catching that.
evcrawfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 04:43 PM   #14
JustinCredible
Not Yet Wild

I have the same issue on the g9 I have.

Replaced cdi, and coil but smoked cdi. Then I found ground wire to pick up coil. Burnt. Pulled plactic covers off flywheels and see the pickup. COil right there. I am gonna pull flywheels to get to pickup connections. Found loose Phillips head screw inside flywheels that I imagine shorter things out.

Lots of trash under plastic covers that might cause it to run on the warm side so I am gonna clean its good before re assembly
JustinCredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:50 PM   #15
turbotbirds
Not Yet Wild

So was it the pickup coil that caused the ground to burn? That is what I just found on mine as well!

Sorry for bringing an old thread back!
turbotbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:57 PM   #16
turbotbirds
Not Yet Wild

Ok, I'm pretty sure the generator/starter is bad! Found another thread on this site that recommended to check the terminals to see if any had continuity to the case and sure enough, they do. I disconnected the wire from the solenoid to the starter, pressed the gas and touched the wire to the starter to start it then removed the wire. It ran fine and the ground wire was not smoking any longer.
turbotbirds is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
g2 pickup coil pulser
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha