lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2011, 04:47 PM   #1
gmshtr
Not Yet Wild

Default 2000 EZ-Go newbie question

Well, I'm going to look at this cart tomorrow, but I'm not really sure what to check for.

All I know from the written description is that it's gas powered, and has been recently serviced with oil, filters, and plugs. It's obviously had a lift kit, tires, and bed installed, as well.

Was the 2000 EZGO engine a good one? What would a fair offering price be (he's asking $2400)? Are there any issues I should be aware of for this year and model?

Sorry for all the questions...I usually make really poor purchasing decisions, and just recently decided to go gas over electric. I just don't want to make ANOTHER big monetary mistake!

Thanks!

Phil
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5O65U35P43n53m33p8bap4ac6c16968891dd7.jpg (7.6 KB, 22 views)
gmshtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2011, 05:18 PM   #2
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2000 EZ-Go newbie question

Those carts are perfectly fine, I think that price might be a bit high, though. In Florida carts sell for a lot more for example so your location would help.
Legendary Golf Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:37 PM   #3
gmshtr
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendary Golf Carts View Post
Those carts are perfectly fine, I think that price might be a bit high, though. In Florida carts sell for a lot more for example so your location would help.
Thanks for the reply. I'm in Oklahoma. I was going to offer $2000, unless there are any glaring problems...they would need to be glaring for me to notice them!

I've been browsing the forums trying to learn as much as possible before going to look at it. I'll still need to install a flip top rear seat, too!
Old 10-27-2011, 08:03 PM   #4
abumpa
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I purchased my 2000 EZ-Go gas cart in June for $1800.00 and it has been great. It came as shown in the photos with slightly larger tires on stock wheels, rear seat, folding windshield, and rearview mirror. Guy also gave me the stock tires and wheels, new oil and air filter, and both belts also new.

abumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:05 PM   #5
srlewis76
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I lucked out and got a 2011 gas with lift, windshield, tires, radio, curtains $3100...rich kids dad selling it to get his first car.
srlewis76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:26 PM   #6
gmshtr
Not Yet Wild

Yeah, I never fall into deals like that. I've just learned to accept it.

Thanks to everyone for the help...we'll see what happens.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:33 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Look underneath to see if it is rusty or badly bent up? Or leaking oil? He usual... look long and hard underneath and then without a comment on what you were looking at offer him 2000 and try to settle on 2200 or less. Looks like a nice cart.

Take it for a drive and tell him it doesn't stop very fast? If you don't have a good feeling about the cart or the guy, walk away ~ lots of carts to choose from at that price. .... have fun & good luck.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:11 PM   #8
gmshtr
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all of the advise...I ended up getting it for $2200. Now, I've got a project.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:57 PM   #9
Marko44
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Take it for a drive and tell him it doesn't stop very fast? If you don't have a good feeling about the cart or the guy, walk away ~ lots of carts to choose from at that price. .... have fun & good luck.
Don't know if I need to start a new thread about this but my brother who owns a 2005 Custom ST drove my 1999 TXT and said the brakes on my cart felt very soft compared to his. I took off the rear brake drum and the pads look to be in great shape. Is there an adjustment that would improve my stopping distance?

Thanks
Marko44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:42 PM   #10
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

This is normal, my 2008 has a very firm pedal, whereas my friends 2001 goes to the floor. I would think the softness is caused by the compensator spring, connecting the brake pedal to the brake cable. My guess would be replacing this would work.
Legendary Golf Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO