lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2011, 08:40 PM   #11
Marko44
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2000 EZ-Go newbie question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendary Golf Carts View Post
This is normal, my 2008 has a very firm pedal, whereas my friends 2001 goes to the floor. I would think the softness is caused by the compensator spring, connecting the brake pedal to the brake cable. My guess would be replacing this would work.
Thanks . . . . hopefully I will never need to stop quickly in this since that will never happen
Marko44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-30-2011, 06:02 AM   #12
divot61
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

as ledgend said about the comensator spring, you might get away with adjusting that to take up any slack thats in the brake lines, but, you will have to back it off when you install new brake shoes
divot61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:32 AM   #13
gmshtr
Not Yet Wild

OK, so I love the cart...it will be perfect for my 3-gun competitions (as the picture will prove).

However, I can't help but notice that the cart seems to be very "mooshy" on the slightest turns. It also is very difficult to keep moving in a straight line...one small move of the wheel, and it will turn/lean easily. I'm thinking that the shocks may need to be replaced, especially on the driver's side. I also noticed that the rear ISO bushings are needing replaced...more so on the driver's side. I'm guessing the previous owner did a lot of driving by himself.

Questions are, can a total mechanical retard (me) replace these without professional help? Also, is there any technical way to figure out if the shocks are worn out?

I've got to buy a windshield anyway, so I figured I would kill several birds with one stone.

Thanks in advanced,

Newbie Phil
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (236.5 KB, 9 views)
gmshtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:06 AM   #14
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

How many springs are in the rear spring packs? This is an easy fix, but it takes a while to do it. As long as you have a jack and jack stands you can do it, you can order the parts from the site sponsors or shopezgo.com.
Legendary Golf Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:16 AM   #15
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

Also, your swaying could be the result of the fact you have 8" wheels, most lifted carts have 10", some even go up to 12 and 14. It would be worth it to order some new rims and tires, get them from a site sponsor, shopezgo.com way overprices there wheels. As far as your cart not wanting to track straight, I haven't tried it before but based on my knowledge of automobiles adjusting the tie rod connecting the to wheels to the steering should work. the tie rod has threaded ends connecting to the tie rod ends, so you should be able to loosen them, making the rod longer, giving you more toe in.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:14 AM   #16
Marko44
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by divot61 View Post
as ledgend said about the comensator spring, you might get away with adjusting that to take up any slack thats in the brake lines, but, you will have to back it off when you install new brake shoes
I'll give that a go and see if it helps. . . . love the avatar divot61
Old 10-30-2011, 11:39 AM   #17
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

The drum brakes are self adjusting, this means when the shoes have to travel a longer distance to reach the drum a mechanical connection automatically tightens the cable. You can tighten it more, which will take out slack and make the brakes engage quicker, but it will still be soft.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:44 PM   #18
Marko44
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendary Golf Carts View Post
The drum brakes are self adjusting, this means when the shoes have to travel a longer distance to reach the drum a mechanical connection automatically tightens the cable. You can tighten it more, which will take out slack and make the brakes engage quicker, but it will still be soft.
Didn't realize they are self adjusting . . . thank you for the explanation.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:28 PM   #19
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko44 View Post
Didn't realize they are self adjusting . . . thank you for the explanation.
They are SUPPOSED to be self adjusting but they can get gummed up and stop adjusting. Fairly easy to fix though. Take apart, clean with brake cleaner, reassemble. When they are working you will hear a distinct click come from the hubs. Once back together, keep pushing the brake pedal until the clicking stops and you are good to go.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 05:09 PM   #20
Marko44
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
They are SUPPOSED to be self adjusting but they can get gummed up and stop adjusting. Fairly easy to fix though. Take apart, clean with brake cleaner, reassemble. When they are working you will hear a distinct click come from the hubs. Once back together, keep pushing the brake pedal until the clicking stops and you are good to go.
OK . . . I'll take them apart and give them a good cleaning and see if that helps.

Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO