lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2011, 02:22 PM   #1
globetrekker
Not Yet Wild

Default Driving To Fast Downhill Now My 85' 244cc Cart Is Squeaking & Gutless

I was driving down my street the other night, its a steep hill & being I felt like a daredevil I kept it floored the ride down. Not sure when it happened due to the rush & excitement but now it's making a loud chirping type sound, Almost like a constant whistle like the police had back in the day. Aright when the motor fires up it does not make this sound but the second you give it any rpm's it chirps right up. Its about as gutless as a pigeon too. Id say 75% of the power is gone. Any ideas what happened? It's a 85 244cc 2 cycle Robin engine
globetrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2011, 04:05 PM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Driving To Fast Downhill Now My 85' 244cc Cart Is Squeaking & Gutless

Get it up on blocks and run it to locate noise.
Could be engine, could be belt or one of the clutches.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:06 PM   #3
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Driving To Fast Downhill Now My 85' 244cc Cart Is Squeaking & Gutless

OH AND

DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:47 PM   #4
arcitech
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrekker View Post
I was driving down my street the other night, its a steep hill & being I felt like a daredevil I kept it floored the ride down. Not sure when it happened due to the rush & excitement but now it's making a loud chirping type sound, Almost like a constant whistle like the police had back in the day. Aright when the motor fires up it does not make this sound but the second you give it any rpm's it chirps right up. Its about as gutless as a pigeon too. Id say 75% of the power is gone. Any ideas what happened? It's a 85 244cc 2 cycle Robin engine
If you are down on power, i would suspect a blown seal, broken piston/rings or loose carb/intake. Over revving a 2 stroke is always bad, and always leads to taking things apart. Reminds me of some YZ and CR dirtbikes we used to thrash. Fun to rev, but a bugger when they've had enough. I'm not sure what type of reed valve or rotory valve setup that these motors have, but that might be a good starting point.
arcitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:22 PM   #5
Greg Rider
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I did a very similar thing. I think it overspun the clutch and it got stuck in the high speed position. I freed mine up by changing from foward to reverse a few times and it fixed itself. I have always been carefull about coasting fast downhill since.
Greg Rider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enging problems sounds
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO