lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2011, 03:55 PM   #11
rmarcusy
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2005 ST350 Engine will not start

Okay,,, it's rare but , has happened
with everything together,,,,put one hand on the ground of the block,crank the eng and take other hand and feel along the spark plug wire ,from the coil to the plugs,
If it shocks you , then pick yourself up off the ground and know that the spark plug wires are bad/dirty
You can do the same test by cranking and looking for a loose spark in a very dark room. If you leasen you can hear the loose spark,
I know this sounds silly, but the high voltage/low amps have never killed me and I've been shocked hundred of times on cars.
sometimes the core of the wire will break and moving it to do the spark testing will make a better conection and putting it back will move it creaating a open/break in the wire
rmarcusy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-20-2011, 04:02 PM   #12
andyd4ntx
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarcusy View Post
Okay,,, it's rare but , has happened
with everything together,,,,put one hand on the ground of the block,crank the eng and take other hand and feel along the spark plug wire ,from the coil to the plugs,
If it shocks you , then pick yourself up off the ground and know that the spark plug wires are bad/dirty
You can do the same test by cranking and looking for a loose spark in a very dark room. If you leasen you can hear the loose spark,
I know this sounds silly, but the high voltage/low amps have never killed me and I've been shocked hundred of times on cars.
sometimes the core of the wire will break and moving it to do the spark testing will make a better conection and putting it back will move it creaating a open/break in the wire
OK I will give it a try, and see if the plug wires are broken anywhere, At this point I will take any suggestions.
Thanks for the reply, Andrew
andyd4ntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:10 PM   #13
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I don't see new plugs any where?
Worth a try.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:56 PM   #14
andyd4ntx
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hi All:
I have discovered the Problem:!!

Here is what is happening, With the key on when you step on the pedal the starter motor runs, but the engine will not start. No amount of pressing on the accelerator pedal helps.

In my first checks I did determine that:
I have spark at the spark plugs.
Fuel pump is working, Gas to the Carb.
Battery is good.
All fuses Are good.
This issue occurred after an oil change. (Remember that)

After checking everything else (Drumroll Please.....)

The Problem is a CRUSHED THROTTLE CABLE.
I have crushed the throttle cable that goes from the governor on the top of the rear axle, under the engine and then to the carburetor.
When I did the oil change I removed the engine skid plate to drain out the engine oil. When I replaced the skid plate I somehow got the governor/throttle cable in the wrong area and when I bolted the skid plate back up it crushed the cable between the bottom of the engine and the skid plate.

Because the EZ-Go does not idle, the throttle is closed whenever the engine is not running. (no idle circuit) So with the throttle cable crushed in the closed position it appeared that the engine was refusing to start.

To test this I was able to use a long screwdriver to open the throttle plate near the carb linkage, while holding the gas pedal down enough to work the microswitch I can rev up the engine using the screw driver.

So now the hunt is on for a Part( 72714-G01 THROTTLE CABLE ) in the North East Texas area.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me.
Sometimes it helps to have someone to bounce ideas off of.

Andrew
Old 11-20-2011, 07:03 PM   #15
rmarcusy
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Good to hear a about your results,,, glad you posted , I have a 96 and don't have to remove the skid plate when changing oil,, did they make a change that makes you have to remove it?
rmarcusy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:28 PM   #16
andyd4ntx
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarcusy View Post
Good to hear a about your results,,, glad you posted , I have a 96 and don't have to remove the skid plate when changing oil,, did they make a change that makes you have to remove it?
I hope with the results posted,it might help the next guy.

I don't know about early modles, I have been following the service manual and removing the filter/screen to dump the oil and then I clean the screen. My 2005 has a large skid plate. We live out on acreage so it does a far amount of running across fields. The skid plate has a few scratches so it probably is doing us some good.

Andrew
Old 11-21-2011, 08:56 AM   #17
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

A story with a happy ending and we all got an education, good job.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:44 AM   #18
andyd4ntx
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Box View Post
A story with a happy ending and we all got an education, good job.

Dave
Hopefully it will help out some other poor slob when he crushes the throttle cable while putting the skid plate back on.......

Now I just have to wait for the parts to arrive. Oh well I have tractors to wrench on...
Andrew.

Tags
no start, st350
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO