lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #1
Ray and Lori's g14
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default K&N for g14

I have seen one on here but don't remember who's it was on I'm pretty sure it.was on a white g14 anyway the question how much did it do for it and do I have to buy the jet for the carb as well. Like can you feel the difference?

Also where to buy them
Ray and Lori's g14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-13-2012, 02:07 AM   #2
kellys~hotrods
Gone to refill cooler...

Yamaha

Default Re: K&N for g14

The largest improvement I have noticed with a filter kit in general has been an increase in throttle response. The horse power does go up a bit, but you don't normally notice from the "seat of your pants" dyno. Now if you were to change the exhaust to a more free flowing system along with the k&n filter, you may see a difference. These are general observations however, I don't have the stock motor (or even a golf cart motor) in my cart.

As for the jetting, you may see some improvement with changing the carb jetting after making the changes I have described, but without a chassis dyno it's difficult to tell how much of a jetting change is needed. I would say the main jets could get a little richer with an intake/exhaust upgrade to help maintain the correct air to fuel ratio at or near wide open throttle.

Kelly
kellys~hotrods is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k&n for g14
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha