lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2014, 07:20 PM   #1
Jacked Frost
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Talking 2005-G22 - Does lifting cart effect hill climbing ?

I want to raise my 2005 G22 and probably install 22 or 23" tires. The question i have is I have read here that it will effect torque. I need to climb hill from water to cabin at about a 45 degree hill maybe a little less. The hill is probably 200 feet - am I dreaming it will work ? new buyer first cart always been a Honda 250 es guy from the 80's and golf carts were for old dudes- now im almost 50 so near an old dude but, i have a 3 year old so not too old lol.

I also need height for off road etc. Am I better off with more treads on the factory tires and height or raise it ?

Also if I put a rear flip seat do you really need better coils or shocks? perhaps an adult on the back every so often but usually kids.
Jacked Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2014, 07:40 PM   #2
Field6565
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2005-G22 - Does lifting cart effect hill climbing ?

When you put bigger tires on your golf cart you will change the overall gear ratio. It probably won't prevent you from climbing that hill but it will slow it down. You could always install a torque spring in the secondary clutch to regain some lost power. Also make sure your drive belt is in good condition.
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 07:31 AM   #3
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacked Frost View Post
I want to raise my 2005 G22 and probably install 22 or 23" tires. The question i have is I have read here that it will effect torque. I need to climb hill from water to cabin at about a 45 degree hill maybe a little less. The hill is probably 200 feet - am I dreaming it will work ? new buyer first cart always been a Honda 250 es guy from the 80's and golf carts were for old dudes- now im almost 50 so near an old dude but, i have a 3 year old so not too old lol.

I also need height for off road etc. Am I better off with more treads on the factory tires and height or raise it ?

Also if I put a rear flip seat do you really need better coils or shocks? perhaps an adult on the back every so often but usually kids.
When you put larger tires on, just like with a car, it changes the final drive ratio. This has the effect of giving you a higher top speed, but at the expense of a loss in low end power. But there are aftermarket kits that are available which can change how your clutching operates which can give you back a lot of your lost power. Check out Plowman's Carts (He's a site sponsor) for his lifted cart performance kit.
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:17 PM   #4
Jacked Frost
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I will try it without lift then with lift and see, I am fact guy though and cant see any documented numbers provided on altering with that kit. I can see more air and more gas with the carb and air box mod portion of the kit but, need documented facts on the rest of spring differences, tensions, clutch sizing etc before kinda need it all before I spend 300 more. ALready have more option into cart than the cart cost lol
Jacked Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:20 PM   #5
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacked Frost View Post
I will try it without lift then with lift and see, I am fact guy though and cant see any documented numbers provided on altering with that kit. I can see more air and more gas with the carb and air box mod portion of the kit but, need documented facts on the rest of spring differences, tensions, clutch sizing etc before kinda need it all before I spend 300 more. ALready have more option into cart than the cart cost lol
I'm not sure that there are any documented performance numbers highlighting "before and after" comparisons. Each cart setup and owner desires are different, so in the case of Plowman's kits, he custom dials in each one according to what you want to get out of the cart, and he will spend as much time explaining it over the phone as you need. Some people want stump pulling low end power, while others simply want to regain lost low end from the larger tires without sacrificing top speed. But the simple fact is that we're dealing with single cylinder 11 HP engines, and there is only so much you can do.
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha