lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2014, 10:52 AM   #1
rrhuehn
Not Yet Wild

Default gs16as engine seized

I took an engine out for a friend who's kids ran it out of oil. When I went to take the clutch off it turned over a tad so I put oil down the spark plug hole and filled the engine with oil and it does seem to have freed up a bit and have compression. turning it by hand it went to 30 pounds. My question is do I dare put it back in and try it or tear it apart? I know dumb question but I am new at engine work, done a few top ends but never a bottom. Just wondering since it freed up and is turning over and seems to have a little compression if he may have got lucky and if I should put it back in and try it.
rrhuehn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2014, 11:12 AM   #2
Dflowe
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: gs16as engine seized

I don't think you'll have much luck with a seized 4 stroke engine. I've loosened up seized 2 stroke engines before and run them for years afterward, however, my guess is you'll have rod, crank, bearing, cam or other extensive damage.

With that said, I guess it wouldn't hurt to try. Maybe you'll get lucky and the piston seized up and you still had enough oil to lubricate the other internals.
Dflowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:14 AM   #3
neu-rich
Not Yet Wild

Take It Down.. I Just Did The Same Thing, Case Gasket Let Go And I Lost All My Oil... Wrist Pin Stuck In Rod So Tight I Had To Press It Out... With A Oil Splash System, The Rod And Piston End Is The First To Suffer From Lack Of Oil... I Re-Built The Whole Motor.. Piston, Bearings, Gaskets And Seal And Valves... Fun Project And I Know Its Good Now...
neu-rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:38 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The g16 has no rod bearing, and an aluminum rod. It is probably pretty sloppy now.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 04:49 PM   #5
rrhuehn
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the replies! I just had to know so I put it back in, compression was good and it ran!
rrhuehn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha