lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-05-2024, 07:45 PM   #1
CristyAte12
Not Yet Wild

Default Tomberlin Vanish blowing the dc-dc fuse

Team,
I'm trying to fix my Tomberlin Vanish LSV 4x4, 48v, AC motor
I replaced the speed sensor and front bearing in the motor. My pack voltage is 50.6v with key in on position and drop to 49.6v with the motor moving. While the vehicle is in jack stand ALL functions work (High, Max Range, Scout, Low and Reverse). I dropped the car and move forward or backwards as long as their is no obstacles or incline as soon the motor needs more power (torque) the dc-dc fuse 20A blown out. Also, my speedometer is not recording the speed but all 12v accessories work. I was so excited when I fixed the motor, before replacing the speed sensor and front bearing it was moving at 2-3 MPH before. Anyone has an idea what the problem could be? I also tried another dc-dc converter but it does the same the fuse blown as soon as torque is require. The voltage at U-V-W remains constant when the motor is in use. All connections where loosen, clean and dialectic grease applied. Even the 4x4 works when in jack stands. Battery pack are also new (8x6v batteries).
CristyAte12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-17-2024, 08:45 PM   #2
CristyAte12
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Tomberlin Vanish blowing the dc-dc fuse

Team,

I know there's not a lot of Tomberlin Vanish member here but I will like to give an update. I bought the solenoid resistor and diode kit out of ebay and after installation the blowing fuse issue disappear. Now my issue is that will only run on scout mode, if I try any other mode will attempt to run but then it will stall, I have to turn the key off and on and when the key is in the on position I disconnect the TSP sensor for 1 second and reconnect. Then the system will reset and scout mode is my only working mode. By the way my speedometer its working. I think the motor is the problem, because after pressing the pedal over 1/2 inch I can feel hesitation and noises coming from the motor ( however this will not occur on scout mode). Anyway, I will keep troubleshooting maybe I can find the solution.
CristyAte12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2024, 05:55 AM   #3
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Default Re: Tomberlin Vanish blowing the dc-dc fuse

If stuck in the scout mode the motor sensor bearing is probably bad. You would have to remove the motor and replace that bearing as the encoder is built into it.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blowing fuse, tomberlin, vanish
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin