lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2017, 09:59 PM   #1
fernjohn
Not Yet Wild

Default 08 emerge no solenoid click

I am working on 08 emerge, it quit working and had some bad electrical parts.key switch, blinker stalk, bad 12 volt converter. replaced key switch and batteries, have 50 volts across batteries but no click of main power solenoid when key is turned. will vehicle motor run without 12 volt converter hooked up?Where else should i look?
fernjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2017, 10:08 AM   #2
pokesgolfcarts
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 08 emerge no solenoid click

It will run fine without the 12 volt converter. Check the switch on your parking brake handle, I've seen a number of those break, and it will keep your car from driving.
How do you know the 12 volt converter is bad? You can also probably fix that turn signal stalk by taking it apart and cleaning the contacts and bending the metal connections slightly.
pokesgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 10:24 AM   #3
fernjohn
Not Yet Wild

This cart is from down on the coast, blinker stalk was rusted really bad and horn push in was un movable.converter was unhooked and bulged out, adding radio, so needed to go up in output size anyway. another question, should main solenoid click when key switch is turned on or does the forward / reverse switch need to be engaged also?
Old 10-29-2017, 10:31 AM   #4
fernjohn
Not Yet Wild

I will check out brake switch today.
Old 10-29-2017, 10:37 AM   #5
pokesgolfcarts
Not Yet Wild

I believe the 08s have a smaller solenoid that engages the 12 volt box when you turn the key on, but the main solenoid should click when you press down on the pedal.
Old 10-29-2017, 11:07 AM   #6
fernjohn
Not Yet Wild

Thank you, it does indeed have a separate solenoid for the 12 volt.Now i have a couple of things to look at today. will post what I find out later today.
Old 10-29-2017, 03:46 PM   #7
fernjohn
Not Yet Wild

Brake switch definitely no good. Has 3 wires going to it and just have to figure which 2 to jumper to bypass until I get a new switch.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:27 PM   #8
fernjohn
Not Yet Wild

Got brake switch bypassed and found bad accelerator pedal, after replacing, I have movement forward and reverse. Salt water spray from the coast was a killer for the switches.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:19 AM   #9
pokesgolfcarts
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernjohn View Post
Got brake switch bypassed and found bad accelerator pedal, after replacing, I have movement forward and reverse. Salt water spray from the coast was a killer for the switches.
Glad you got it working, is it running full speed?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin