lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-06-2019, 10:43 AM   #1
MattUNI2001
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Default Headlight, tail light, blinker wiring, and fuse location help

Hello!

I was recently gifted a 2002 Columbia ParCar that was initially set up to have 8 6v batteries, totaling 48v. The batteries needed to be replaced, so I thought maybe I could save some money by buying 6 8v batteries and installing those...and that's what I did.

Initially, everything seemed to be A-OK - the batteries charged and the cart ran very nicely. However, when I turned the lights on, I noticed the headlights went on, and then they went off. I turned on the blinkers where they too went on and then off. Eventually, even the light-up switch went from being lit up to slowly fading and then now no longer lighting up. The brake lights did the best and stayed lit for a few minutes but now even they are dead.

I confirmed that most of the lights blew, and after a TON of troubleshooting, googling, reading this forum to look for fuses that might be blown, I think it was because two batteries were now 16v vs the old batteries, two were 12v, and I think I overloaded everything. Nice job, Matt.

Anyways, I returned the batteries and bought the proper 8 6v batteries and have them installed. I feel like the blinker lights aren't blown, but I still get no power or indication the lights are on or should be working, including the blinker. Also, the horn doesn't work, but I'm not sure if it did before I changed batteries.

One fuse that I found is an MF-R700, which I've never seen before. Outside of that, the other two fuses don't appear to be blown. I have been unsuccessful finding any other fuse. Does anybody have an idea what that R700 could be routing to? Could it be the lights? Is it obvious to anybody what wires would be the most likely wires that run my lights and blinkers? Any help for how I can do additional troubleshooting would be super appreciated.

Link that shows 2 15 amp fuses and the MF-R700 re-settable fuse: "https://imgur.com/a/FbVyEWk"

Thank you in advance!!!
MattUNI2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-06-2019, 04:04 PM   #2
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Default Re: Headlight, tail light, blinker wiring, and fuse location help

For the 2002 you should be able to use the 1996-2000 manual. The wiring is in the parts manual. www.buggiesgonewild.com/columbia-parcars
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 06:28 PM   #3
MattUNI2001
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Default Re: Headlight, tail light, blinker wiring, and fuse location help

Quick update - I finally had a breakthrough this afternoon. I verified they did wire the MF-R700 to the lights, and I have verified 12v running to each headlight and tail light -- just need to get new bulbs since I clearly blew them out.

I only have 2 things left that aren't working. Blinkers still do nothing, and I'm thinking I blew the 12v flasher when I sent 16v coursing through its veins. I've ordered a replacement online for about $6 and am hoping that does does the trick. The horn also isn't working, so I'm not sure if I just need to replace it as well. Frankly, I'm not super concerned about the horn.

Thank you for the above link!
MattUNI2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Columbia ParCar