lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Diesel swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-01-2019, 09:01 AM   #31
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Kubota D782 swap

The rad itself will work fine but you might have an issue with the puke tank filling up with coolant as the overflow tube is not at the highest point anymore.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-01-2019, 10:57 AM   #32
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Radiator can be at any angle and work fine, but like dundee said, the overflow hose/reservoir needs to be higher than the radiator itself.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 07:53 AM   #33
GodDogGod
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Ok, all good points and thank you. So, looks like I am back to the drawing board. I had no idea that radiator hoses were so expensive. 48" of flexible hose = $50 bux

I guess I will have to squeeze it in next to the engine where it 'should' be.

Thank you for the feedback. I'll keep posting until this thing is up and running, which needs to be soon, winter is coming and I need it around the property.
GodDogGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 08:45 AM   #34
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Swaps are not cheap when you add in the extras. 50$ for 4 feet of hose is nothing, if it allow you to build it right. When you figure you will have a machine that will run for 20 or 30 years if well built 50$ or even a 1000$ of extras will pay you back tenfold. Curious, what work have you got for it, and what do you call winter where you are in Texas?
Old 10-02-2019, 10:15 AM   #35
GodDogGod
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
Curious, what work have you got for it, and what do you call winter where you are in Texas?
This is used for everything... pulling the manure spreader, pulling a small arena spike drag, taking the trash cans down our long gravel drive to the curb, hauling feed bags and hay to the horses and cattle, the list goes on and on...

Hahahaha... yea I know, we don't have much in the way of winter as we don't have much in the way of spring either.
It goes -- November to March = winter (we will get a few days/weeks of 30 or below). March to April = spring if we're lucky we get three decent weeks, then mid April to end of October (possibly middle of November) = summer (hotter than hell).

I completely agree with what you are saying about quality. Same applies to tools.
My wife however does not see things this way. This cart is a tool we need, but when I asked to buy a fullsize UTV, i.e. Polaris Ranger, Kawasaki Mule, etc. I was told to make due with what I have!
GodDogGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:57 AM   #36
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodDogGod View Post
My wife however does not see things this way. This cart is a tool we need, but when I asked to buy a fullsize UTV, i.e. Polaris Ranger, Kawasaki Mule, etc. I was told to make due with what I have!
I've heard that a time or two!
Old 10-02-2019, 10:58 AM   #37
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Quote:
Curious, what work have you got for it, and what do you call winter where you are in Texas?
Winter to him(us) is mid summer for you dundee
Old 10-02-2019, 11:55 AM   #38
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well not QUITE midsummer, more like late fall.
Old 10-02-2019, 12:00 PM   #39
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

My wife however does not see things this way. This cart is a tool we need, but when I asked to buy a fullsize UTV, i.e. Polaris Ranger, Kawasaki Mule, etc. I was told to make due with what I have! [/QUOTE]

Since apparently you don't have a tractor either, I suggest you hook your wife to the spreader and spike drag for a day or 2. Tell her "I'm making do with what I have".
Old 10-02-2019, 09:56 PM   #40
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

Quote:
Since apparently you don't have a tractor either, I suggest you hook your wife to the spreader and spike drag for a day or 2. Tell her "I'm making do with what I have".[/QUOTE]

Been single a long while, eh?
jclark138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Diesel swaps