lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2012, 05:11 PM   #4921
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: What did you do to/for your EZGO today?

Installed my dash this weekend. I still need to paint it black.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2358.jpg (211.3 KB, 0 views)
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-15-2012, 05:54 PM   #4922
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yurtle, that's starting to look more like an airplane cockpit than a golf cart dash! Nice job.
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:26 AM   #4923
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledRotten View Post
I got my "stud extenders" removed and the solid wheel spacers installed today. I feel better about that setup. Just feels more solid. Went from 2" stud extenders to 1.5" solid. I can't see the difference unless I really look good at it. I'm happy!
I had no idea this little change would make such a difference! The cart is much more solid. I used to have the eerie creaking sound from the rear wheel area, but no longer. The initial take off is much crisper now. Those stud extenders must have acted like a buffer when taking off from a dead stop. I wasn't even trying this weekend and almost pulled the front wheels off the ground on the golf course. This is still stock motor, too.
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:00 PM   #4924
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I wired up an isolated power supply and burden resistor to power my ammeter. I also installed and wired my shunt, cut a battery cable, soldered on a new lug, silver plated and heat-shrunk it to connect to my shunt and wired up my battery monitors.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2361.jpg (160.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2365.jpg (182.2 KB, 0 views)
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:06 PM   #4925
TheWiltz
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Diagnosed a completely ragged out 2003 ezgo txt. I hope u can get it running but not looking good.
TheWiltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:56 AM   #4926
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiltz View Post
Diagnosed a completely ragged out 2003 ezgo txt. I hope u can get it running but not looking good.
They all can be fixed, it just depends on how determined you want to be at it. My cart should of gone to the junk yard, but it is slowly coming back to life.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:14 AM   #4927
TheWiltz
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

i know they can all be fixed, but mine are so far gone that if i have to replace more that 2 major components i can buy a used cart in WAY better condition that runs and end up spending less money. so for i have $3 in the cart for distilled water. i can buy a running cart for $1500 if it takes $1500 to get this rust bucket running im better of just starting with a decent used cart.
Old 04-20-2012, 08:22 AM   #4928
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I don't know Wiltz. My cart was in pretty sad shape when I bought it. It took some work and a lot of scraping with wire brushes. Money for new parts, (I replaced everything in the power line except the motor). But in the end, if you want a custom looking cart your options are like this.

rescue cart: Low initial cost, complete strip of cart, replace everything that looks supect, build it as you want it. With HD everything in the power line, 2 guage cables, HD F&R, Alltraxx 400 amp contoller, custom wheels and tires, new paint, seats, windshield, brakes, cables and other things I can't remember, I am at about $2200.00. And I know the cart and what it has.
average driver: Higher initial cost, ($1500), paint $250+, wheels and tires $400+ Cables $150, HD power, (depending upon the drive type) $300 to $700, new batteries $800. And you really have no idea what you bought. Additionally, if you really want custom, you'll need new seats, steering wheel, and, and, and.
Point is, if you can do any of the work yourself, you will probably be better off with the rescue cart and you'll know exactly what you're riding. On the other hand, if you want to "get in it and go", buy the driver and maintain it well.
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:24 AM   #4929
TheWiltz
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I get your point but you really dont understand how bad off my carts are, and i wasnt looking to build a custon cart. I was given the carts, and said what the heck lets see if i can get them running.

The problem is they spent their 9 years of life on a limestone ship yard and i dont think anyone EVER washed them off. limestone dust is very corrosive and ate through the frames. i can literally pock my finger thru the frame and brake pieces off. i would end up haveing to cut away over 50% of the frame.

i know it all could be done but if it costs more that $600 to $700 bucks id rather just sell the 2 charges i have and take the cash.

I will say that doing this has gotten me interested in building a full on custom cart, just not at this time...

Wiltz
Old 04-20-2012, 12:36 PM   #4930
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiltz View Post
I get your point but you really dont understand how bad off my carts are, and i wasnt looking to build a custon cart. I was given the carts, and said what the heck lets see if i can get them running.

The problem is they spent their 9 years of life on a limestone ship yard and i dont think anyone EVER washed them off. limestone dust is very corrosive and ate through the frames. i can literally pock my finger thru the frame and brake pieces off. i would end up haveing to cut away over 50% of the frame.

i know it all could be done but if it costs more that $600 to $700 bucks id rather just sell the 2 charges i have and take the cash.

I will say that doing this has gotten me interested in building a full on custom cart, just not at this time...

Wiltz

Hmmm, this is how mine started.

LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO