lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-28-2010, 06:21 PM   #1
gstoneberg
Gone Wild

Default Have a controller but it's ITS

My Melex 212's wiper assembly melted down the other day. I tried cleaning but it still arc's like crazy. I had a friend with a 2005 EZGO that offered me his controller if I would install his new Alltrax. I did that and have the controller, but it's for an ITS type of throttle. Is there any way to make that work in my cart? The controller is a Curtis 1206, EZGO part number 25864G09.

Thanks,
George
gstoneberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-28-2010, 06:23 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: Have a controller but it's ITS

You would have to either convert it to use an ITS controllers throttle assembly or convert it to a pot box and use a POT - ITS throttle adapter.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:46 PM   #3
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sounds like it's going to be less costly to replace the wiper assembly with a new one? I'm not familiar with what Roady has suggested, but then again, I'm not an electrical whizz like him, either

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:01 AM   #4
gstoneberg
Gone Wild

Thanks Roady, and I think I found that converter on Mike's page. Do you think I'll be able to reuse my F-R assembly? The solenoid looks to be reusable and Mike has the resistor and diode.

I know Mike, but I really need a motor controller because of how I use this cart hog hunting. I spend most of my time driving quite slowly and consequently I've been using up the battery pack way too fast. I know you guys have said it tons of times. If I had just researched a little more before I bought the carts, I would have gotten what I needed. Sadly, it was the guy I bought the carts from that told me about BGW. On the other hand, the conversions are fun and I'm learning a lot more about golf carts than I expected. It's all good.

O, and thanks Mike for your prompt response to my email. I did not expect that on a Sunday.

George
gstoneberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex