lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2011, 07:42 PM   #1
bham57
Not Yet Wild

Default Melex 412

Melex 412 will not go foward or reverse. Have checked soleniod and checks out OK. Need direction on what to check next.
bham57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-10-2011, 08:53 AM   #2
BumbleBee
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Melex 412

I would break out the multimeter and start checking voltage at the motor and then to to the Throttle. Forgive me but I am brain farting on your model. is this a resistor cart or a solid state? if you have a resistor cart check the contacts on the swipe board they may be dirty. also check for broken coils and voltage in and out. Last thing make sure all the cables are clean and tight.

Try that and let us know.

Hope that helps.

Arin
BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:13 PM   #3
bham57
Not Yet Wild

I checked the voltage on the batterys and got 38. Then checked the water level, they were low. Recharged and voltage went to 42+ but now back down to 38v. Showed 38v at the motor. I think it is resistor..maybe called a pot box? I well tear into it this weekend. Thanks for the reply.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:24 PM   #4
bham57
Not Yet Wild

Where can I get parts for the 412 Melex.. can you tell me how to check the pot box?
Old 10-29-2011, 05:40 PM   #5
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You can check this link out. I'm not sure of what they have, but according to the model you have, it is supposed to be a controller cart. The link at the bottom of the page gave me an error message, but it may work for you.

http://www.vintagegolfcartparts.com/...=cat&ref=melex
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:49 AM   #6
Trollhole
Not Yet Wild

You can check the pot box by pulling the blue and black wires off the controller and putting a multimeter to it and check ohms. your looking for something around 0 K ohms when the pedal isn't pressed and around 5 at full power. Another way is to go to radio shack and buy a 5k potentiometer and hook two wires up to it and the controller in place of the black and blue wires. And press the pedal and turn the pot up and see if you move. The potentiometer is only $3 FROM RADIO SHACK. If it is the problem you will have to buy a new one. If your not good with soldering as it has quite a few resisters and such I would recommend getting a whole new pot box.

Also is your solenoid clicking when you press the pedal?
Trollhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:22 PM   #7
bham57
Not Yet Wild

Yes, the solenoid clicks when pressing the pedal. I have voltage after the solenoid. I found a wiring diagram off of vintage golf, but it is not very good. where can I find one for a Melex 412 showing what leads are which at the motor. Will one battery being bad, make it not go? I will check the pot box. thanks for the info
Old 11-16-2011, 10:11 AM   #8
Trollhole
Not Yet Wild

Check the pot box before you do anything else. should be 0-5ohm 5 ohms at full throttle.
Trollhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:35 PM   #9
bonduranth
Gone Wild
Yamaha

tHATS 5000 OHMS OR COMMON DESIGNATION IS 5k. It is the same pot box use in the early ez-go models with a controller. Melex is a copy of EZ-GO.
bonduranth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:50 PM   #10
BLakeside
Gone Wild

A single battery will cause a lot of problems. A single bad battery will cause the entire pack not charge fully and will cause gassing from other battery's. If the rest of the battery's are marginal, a bad battery will stop a cart from moving. Go ahead and invest in a digital volt meter and a hydrometer, if you don't have one. Check the stickies at the top of electric CC and EZ Go for battery testing, and % of charge graphs. The motor on my 512e is a standard GE and the rear end is made by in the USA by Dana. So parts can be obtained. Brakes and cables are unique but are available. Keep us posted and lots of pictures.
BLakeside is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex