lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-15-2015, 10:07 PM   #1
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 06 CC Precedent moves side to side at full throttle.

06 Gas precedent with a Jake's spindle lift sporadically move side to side full speed (about 18-20 mph). I put in new bushings in the front and it helped a little. Everything feels tight, any suggestions on what to check next? Thanks!
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-15-2015, 10:21 PM   #2
ezgo on fire
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 06 CC Precedent moves side to side at full throttle.

whats your toe in. It needs to be towed in just a little.
ezgo on fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 10:31 PM   #3
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm thinking that might be it. Just looking at it the passenger looks like it is toed in just a little and the driver's side looks straight. I'll put the straight edge in it tomorrow's could that cause it?
Old 01-15-2015, 10:39 PM   #4
ezgo on fire
Gone Wild
Club Car

Actually that sounds right. Just check to make sure ones not towed out. Also we had a newer Yamaha with a 8" jakes bought from a dealer. It would road walk and he said lower the air pressure. That helped some. Just curious what size wheel do you have. Seems like those big tires mounted on 8" wheels walk more. I had 12" with 23" tires.
ezgo on fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 10:58 PM   #5
pleighdammet
Professional jerry rigger

Club Car

I put a LT jakes kit on my cart and after guessing it looked good, I took it for a drive. couldn't get it home fast enough (because it was unsafe to drive) and get my straight edges out and discover it was not set correctly. toe out is definitely where I would start looking. tape measure on the front and rear of the front tires sitting on level ground. front should be 1/8 to 1/4 inch less than rear measurement. if you move it you may have to adjust your steering box ends to get your steering wheel straight again. did you have those huge sidewall tires on before the lift?

I see the pic in your avatar is not a precedent. does it have tall sidewalls on the tires also
pleighdammet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 11:11 PM   #6
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It is one that I am working on for a friend. It has 22" tires on a 12" rim. I'm going to check that toe real close tomorrow.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:05 PM   #7
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Found the problem today. When I went to check the toe I found where someone had placed the steering rod on the driver's side in the back hole in of the spindle, and the driver's side was in the front hole. (The Jake's lift has 2) put them both in the front and adjusted the toe now it is smooth as a clock. He should be happy!
Old 01-17-2015, 12:40 AM   #8
pleighdammet
Professional jerry rigger

Club Car

great! get your friend out to enjoy that round nose club car now. way to stick with it!
pleighdammet is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car