lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-23-2008, 09:07 PM   #1
Phat Phydeaux
Not Yet Wild

Default 86-ezgo marathon gas tank

Help, I recently bought an 86 ezgo. I have repaired the Forward and Reverse switch, replaced the power feed cables to the battery and switch. But found I was running out of fuel fast after filling up. Found the dude that had this cart before me had drilled a hole in the plastic gas tank while installing new rocker panels.

My problem is I need to figure a way to repair the tank that want leak after a short while or find a replacement tank. I'm open to reliable methods to repair the tank and I have no problem buying a used tank but the problem with buying used is I haven't found any on my searches on the web.

Does any one have proven methods to make the repair with the hole about an inch from the bottom?

Any one have a source or suggestions on where to buy a used tank? I say used but new would be ok, just don't want to pay $100+ for the new one.

Thanks,

Garry
Phat Phydeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-24-2008, 01:02 PM   #2
mfd911
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 86-ezgo marathon gas tank

Take a look at *************
mfd911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 02:36 PM   #3
ruredy
Born Wild

While I like EC as much as the next guys please don't plug sites that don't sponsor BGW. It is unfair to the people and companys who are supporting us so that we may continue to have the best cart forum on the web.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:51 PM   #4
tater17
Not Yet Wild

try alabama golf cart they have a ton of older carts thay will ship it to you
tater17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:03 AM   #5
harold gray
Not Yet Wild

try liquid plastic, it is a 2 part mix.works great.can get at most auto stores. good luck.
harold gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:48 AM   #6
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

I have used two part epoxy plastic weld before with great results. if you remove the tank, wash it out and use a torch with plastic rods you could mend the hole. I recently saw a kit in a motorcycle catalog for repairing motorcycle plastic fairings but I dont know about its resistance to petroleum products
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:50 AM   #7
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Remove the tank and thoroughly clean the area around the hole. Score the area around the hole (about 2" should do it) with a sharp edged tool such as a screwdriver to give the epoxy something to bite into. Apply JB Weld to the tank and let dry. In my experience, JB Weld is an excellent medium for this kind of job. It is impervious to petrol, oil etc and sticks like sh*t to an army blanket.
Hope that helps,

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO