lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2009, 02:53 PM   #1
Rascl93
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default HELP - again

The Ez-go needs new shoes. By serial # our Ez-go is a 1979, but we have already figured out that it has a newer rearend or newer axles at the least. Anyway, it needs new ramp shoes on one side of the clutch. They are (were) white and appeared to just push in. I can't find any of these anywhere. All the ones I find say they come with screws, and the pics I find of new clutches have two sets of shoes on the same side. Needless to say I am at a loss as to what to order. I don't need a new spring seat or anything. I just need new shoes. Any info that anyone has as to what I need to get is welcomed.

Thanks.
Rascl93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2009, 04:03 PM   #2
tompat
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: HELP - again

Try gatewaygolfcarts or cars .com. I ordered some for my 1986 marathon but they haven't come in yet. They just push in. good luck
tompat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:48 AM   #3
Rascl93
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I called them - the guy said he has had some on back order for 6 weeks (I'm assuming those are the ones you ordered) and still no sign of them. We "borrowed" some of the plastic bumps out of some stackable chairs that look alot like the ramp shoes. We're going to try them out this weekend. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:53 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

...your gonna try what
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:54 PM   #5
Rascl93
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

They are bumps off of stackable chairs that keep them from rubbing together. They are the same size and shape and seem to be made of the same materials according to our heat tests. These are the push in ones, not the ones that have screwes holding them in. Worst case senerio, they don't work and I have to buy a whole new clutch since I can't get the shoes. :)
Old 09-04-2009, 01:56 PM   #6
tompat
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Let me know how they work maybe I'll try that. Who knows you might make a fortune selling them if they work.
tompat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:57 PM   #7
jdinville3
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well if they work that just means FREE.... let us know how it works for you this weekend
jdinville3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO