lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-07-2009, 03:37 PM   #51
redneck1013
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Newbie with a workhorse!

here are some bad pics, cant get camera to cooperate.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.JPG (5.4 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg 2.JPG (4.6 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg 3.JPG (5.1 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg 4.JPG (3.9 KB, 92 views)
redneck1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-07-2009, 10:59 PM   #52
Madman415
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have had my workhorse for several years now. It was just a nose, a bent chassis, and a blown engine when i saved it from the scrap yard at a local golf course. If your still having power problems after the basic tune-up and starter/generator repair, you've checked comp. , adjusted the valves, etc. you're gonna wanna get behind the cooling fan, being that you should clean it up anyway, and hit the flywheel with some plumbers cloth to clean the surface up. After sitting, it's like a cars brake rotor, instant rust. Check the wires for the pulsater, make sure they're not pinched when you put the fan cover back on.
Once you get it running, further power problems can be from people messing with the governor rods. Don't be talked into adjusting them for speed it kills the power for hills. I have mine set so it runs about 13mph and is able to pull a full size pick-up on a 3% grade @ 10mph.

I love comparing notes with others into "Golf Carts" Let me know how ya make out or if your hunt for parts continues.
I might have a generator that I'm not gonna use also.
Madman415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:10 PM   #53
Madman415
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have had my workhorse for several years now. It was just a nose, a bent chassis, and a blown engine when i saved it from the scrap yard at a local golf course. If your still having power problems after the basic tune-up and starter/generator repair, you've checked comp. , adjusted the valves, etc. you're gonna wanna get behind the cooling fan, being that you should clean it up anyway, and hit the flywheel with some plumbers cloth to clean the surface up. After sitting, it's like a cars brake rotor, instant rust. Check the wires for the pulsater, make sure they're not pinched when you put the fan cover back on.
Once you get it running, further power problems can be from people messing with the governor rods. Don't be talked into adjusting them for speed it kills the power for hills. I have mine set so it runs about 13mph and is able to pull a full size pick-up on a 3% grade @ 10mph.

I love comparing notes with others into "Golf Carts" Let me know how ya make out or if your hunt for parts continues.
I might have a generator that I'm not gonna use also.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:29 PM   #54
redneck1013
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

where do you have your governor set?
Old 11-09-2009, 02:10 PM   #55
Madman415
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I don't have specs on it. I just chained it to a tree and screwed with the adjustments until it spun the tires rather then bogging out. The speed was calculated by brother riding along side it in a car.

Isn't that ghetto fabulous.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:48 PM   #56
redneck1013
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Can you send me a pic of what you adjusted???
Old 11-13-2009, 12:30 AM   #57
redneck1013
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

going to change out the front springs and flip the tierods this weekend. keep yall posted on the progress.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:30 PM   #58
redneck1013
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Changed out tie rods and springs and flipped em. everything clears nicely. thanks for all the help guys. if anyone has a 295 head just layin around let me know...
p.s. does anyone know which rods they are talking about to adjust to improve lowend torque??
Old 11-19-2009, 01:11 AM   #59
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

He's talking about the governor "rod" on top of the rear differential. I you tighten the spring down it will make the cart run much faster but can hurt your bottom end power. I turned mine up only a little so I can still retain the low torque. See: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...4-strokes.html
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 01:02 PM   #60
redneck1013
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO