lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-28-2009, 10:46 AM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Might be a dumb question!

If you are anywhere in the auto business then you KNOW that items sold at auction are sold behind an auctioneer so there is no face to face transaction = it is 'as is, where is'..... I suspect low compression and worn clutches and belts

I would start with a compression check and a valve adjustment then see what you got
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-28-2009, 12:12 PM   #12
EZGOTXTGUY
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
If you are anywhere in the auto business then you KNOW that items sold at auction are sold behind an auctioneer so there is no face to face transaction = it is 'as is, where is'..... I suspect low compression and worn clutches and belts

I would start with a compression check and a valve adjustment then see what you got
The seller reps the item along with the auctioneer. I spoke with the seller, not to say that he might not tell me everything.... but the seller is a ezgo dealer and did the refurb. Considering that he spent quite a bit of money on this thing, surely he wouldn't start with a bad motor cart and spend a bunch of money fixing everything around a bad mtr. Wouldn't make sense to me. Everything you can see is new..... body, wheels, tires, seats, top, lift, ect...

It starts and runs fine, just maybe not what I was expecting. I will try some adjustments and see what happens. Maybe I shouldn't climb out of the Vette and hop on the cart! LOL.

Thanks again for all of the input.
EZGOTXTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 01:08 PM   #13
K9Kev
Say What ???

E-Z-GO

A couple of car dealers at an auction........

Not telling each other the 'whole truth'.............

Really............................................ ..................

I would never believe any of this !

Yes, please.....get out of your Vette.....glad ya told us about that.....and check into your cart issues.

You came here looking for advice, senior members have offered up some ideas and suggestions to try to help you. Check it out and get back to us and let's see if we can help you, good luck !
K9Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 01:37 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZGOTXTGUY View Post
The seller reps the item along with the auctioneer. I spoke with the seller, not to say that he might not tell me everything.... but the seller is a ezgo dealer and did the refurb. Considering that he spent quite a bit of money on this thing, surely he wouldn't start with a bad motor cart and spend a bunch of money fixing everything around a bad mtr. Wouldn't make sense to me. Everything you can see is new..... body, wheels, tires, seats, top, lift, ect...

It starts and runs fine, just maybe not what I was expecting. I will try some adjustments and see what happens. Maybe I shouldn't climb out of the Vette and hop on the cart! LOL.

Thanks again for all of the input.
Maybe just strikes me as odd that a dealer would auction refurbished carts unless the auction is selling high? I dunno? Anyway ...... Never hurts to check compression on a used caret just to know where is at
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 03:33 PM   #15
EZGOTXTGUY
Not Yet Wild

I agree. It seemed high to me, but I don't know what these things are worth. He had a blue one that wasn't as nice as the red one I bought and had several regular carts.

He might have needed a little cash flow..... Who knows. Sometimes the auctions are high. Especially on something that you don't see much of.
Old 11-28-2009, 05:57 PM   #16
Glacier Girl
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I'd have to agree with everyone else. Being in the auto business like you, when you buy a used car that doesn't seem to have a lot of power you start with the basics when checking it out. The tech section was a great help to me when I bought mine.

If the basics check out, well going from what an 8" wheel with a tiny tire to a 12" with a monster mudder will definitely drop down the launch power. Kinda like those guys that used to put 44's on a little 4 banger Toyota pick up. Looked cool but couldn't get out of their own way, unless they changed to a super low gear ratio.

I know the dealer did something on mine (10" wheels/mudders) as it will snap your neck if you hammer it, I've bounced my head off the rear roof supports more then once.

As for the top end, well with the much higher center of gravity now, the dealer may have cranked the govenor way down so it's not so fast to help prevent you rolling it on a turn. Again just using mine, I turned the govenor down on it as it was just plain scary at top speed and trying to make a turn. Kinda like hanging onto the top of a sailboat mast in rough seas.

Let us know what your find.
Glacier Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 06:46 PM   #17
EZGOTXTGUY
Not Yet Wild

I can't wait to play with this thing this weekend and see if you all are right. I don't mean to sound like it runs terrible.... It probably runs like its suppose to. Just didn't really know what to expect considering the bigger wheels and tires.

I know automobiles...... This is my first experience in the buggy world. This thing sure looks cool!
Old 11-28-2009, 06:51 PM   #18
Glacier Girl
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Post some pics when you get a chance!
Glacier Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 06:53 PM   #19
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:40 PM   #20
EZGOTXTGUY
Not Yet Wild

I will get some up soon.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO