lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-16-2009, 11:22 PM   #11
TVH
Getting Wild

Default Re: Assesories For Older Ezgo Gas

I had the exact same thing with mine recently, it turned out the needle valve was stuck in the wrong position on the carb float. These carbs have kind of a cheesy float set up and if things aren't hooked together perfect no gas will go into the bowl. I also had some oil in the line between the fuel pump and crankcase on another occasion. Hope this helps.

I have given alot of thought to changing engines and it is still hard to beat the Robin, both my carts go near 30 mph and I really doubt I could hang on if it were going a whole lot faster. Maybe your jewels are made of a different material than mine.
TVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-17-2009, 09:35 AM   #12
RANGERFORTHEGOLD
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks For The Tip, I Have A China Made 90cc Fourwheeler That Had The Same Problem With The Needle Valve. I Had To Replace The Throttle Cable That I Had To Custom Make (good Luck Finding One Specific Fit). Ever Since I Put The Needle Valve Back In It, It Stays At Full Throttle, I Just Now Fixed It Last Week.
RANGERFORTHEGOLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:39 PM   #13
TVH
Getting Wild

Where in S. Alabama are you from? I have been there several times thru the yrs. Gulf Shores to be exact. A few family members own condos there. Will be there spring break. A fair amount of people from this area vacation there, it's almost like never leaving home on spring break.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:30 PM   #14
RANGERFORTHEGOLD
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I LIVE ABOUT 5 MINUTES FROM THE BEACH IN FOLEY. NICE PLACE. IF YOU BRING YOUR CART DOWN WHEN YOU COME, WE COULD TAKE THEM SOMEWHERE AND GET 'EM DIRTY. I REALLY DONT KNOW IF YOU HAVE A LIFTED CART OR A STREET CART? WE COULD RIDE THEM AROUND GULF SHORES EVEN...THERE IS A NEIGHBORHOOD IN DAPHNE THAT IT IS UNOFFICIALY MANDITORY TO HAVE A GOLF CART, THOUGH I DONT THINK THAT THERE IS ANY CARTS LIKE WE WANT TO SEE. ALL THE KIDS RIDE THEM, YOU COULD ONLY IMAGINE THIER FACES WHEN WE COME PASS THEM AT 50 MPH....
Old 12-17-2009, 04:26 PM   #15
RANGERFORTHEGOLD
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Has Anybody Done A Live Axle Lifted Golf Cart? If You Do, Send Me Pics To Give Me An Idea Of How To Fab It Up. Thanks
Old 12-17-2009, 06:16 PM   #16
TVH
Getting Wild

Foley has really grown into a nice town thru the yrs. We first went down in 89and everything has changed dramatically, can't believe how many high rise condos there are on the beach now. If memory serves me right there is a golf cart dealer near Foley. I doubt the cart will come with us, I did take our Zodiac one time and had a blast on the intracoastal and went thru Perdido Pass and into the gulf. There were some dolphins that came with in 20' of us, being from the unsalted great lakes we thought that was pretty cool. It is 1000 miles give or take 1 or 2 from our door to Gulf Shores, pretty quick run. Stay in touch, it would be fun to look you up.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:26 PM   #17
RANGERFORTHEGOLD
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

yeah man for sure, you will have to get in touch with me when you come down here, ill share my current projects.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO