lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-13-2010, 05:33 PM   #1
bugfuzzywormie
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default faster

just bought 02 ezgo. just getting started, want to be faster!!! i was told the gov. was already turned in. its jacked up, big nobby tires,runs pretty good-just need to be faster. engine is 295cm3. what does this mean in terms i will understand??
bugfuzzywormie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-13-2010, 05:45 PM   #2
Glacier Girl
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: faster

well first thing I would do is verify that the govenor was adjusted. Quickest easiest mod to increase the speed a little.
Glacier Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 05:49 PM   #3
Dadster
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

how fast are you going now?
Dadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:42 AM   #4
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugfuzzywormie View Post
just bought 02 ezgo. just getting started, want to be faster!!! i was told the gov. was already turned in. its jacked up, big nobby tires,runs pretty good-just need to be faster. engine is 295cm3. what does this mean in terms i will understand??
Going fast isn't a problem, well as long as you have $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
How fast (or how much money) do you want to go?
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:55 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If your govenor is already turned up (we can't help you determine that without a picture of it?) then you will need more HP & RPMS to go faster .... See the Big Block section.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:10 PM   #6
WILD-BILL
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You don't "need" a big block to go fast. A 350 motor W/a 295 head and a MSD kit will get you going. Not as fast as a big block but still fast.
WILD-BILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:33 AM   #7
bugfuzzywormie
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

i dont mind spending money to go faster. if i spend 300.00 i want to see a big difference. dont want to spend alot and see minor change. wanted to check belt length and gov., but its raining today cant get outside. also a concern i had was what to stay away from to keep from hurting life of cart. i wouldnt want to do something if its going to run great one week and blow up the next. when i get done with gov. i will check to see exactly how fast it goes.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:17 AM   #8
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugfuzzywormie View Post
if i spend 300.00 i want to see a big difference.

Ok, you never answered the question (how fast do you want to go?)
Your best bang for the buck would be to stick a sled engine in it. You can probably get it over 50mph for under a grand going that route
Old 01-18-2010, 09:11 AM   #9
bugfuzzywormie
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

wow 50 mph!!! dont need all that. my neighbors pulls slightly away on top end. got to be faster than that. im going to find out exactly how fast it really is today. or how slow!!! they have same engine,theirs is 99 where mine is 02.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:55 AM   #10
ruredy
Born Wild

Well if you just want to beat an identical cart there are a few tricks you can do for not much.
Talk with Tom at http://www.cartpartsplus.com/ He might be able to machine one of your clutches to help with the top end and get you the correct belt for your setup, or a gear set for the rear that'll get you a few mph.
over inflate your tires, that'll give you less resistance and more diameter to help on top end.
Get a msd ignition so you don't have a rev limiter, watch the rpms though cause you'll chunk a rod or drop a valve if you spin it to fast. also at this point carb jetting and exhaust come into play. If you can spin it faster you'll need it breathing better. There's a muffler mod posted in the tech section that might help a little with a stock setup. make sure the gov adjustment is at it's max

loose weight and shave your head!!! jog some instead of taking the cart all the time. oh yeah, strip off everything you don't need on the cart to make it go.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO