lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2010, 08:35 PM   #1
BrewCrew
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default 2000 EZGO Limo...

Need some input from you guys. I started out with a 91 Electric EZGO. We have a place at the lake and ride on the beach most of the time. The Batteries would run out pretty quick and was also a a little heavy for the sand. I sold that one and got my current 2005 Gas Yamaha G22. I love this cart rides great and very fast. It will take my wife and three kids anywhere we need to go. As I was coming back home from the lake this weekend I saw a 2000 EZGO LIMO for sale where I bought my Yamaha. I stopped by and it is a gas one that looks to be in good shape. This thing would be great if I added a rear folding seat, but I have some concerns. We ride on beach alot and my Yamaha is not lifted and does ok, but the limo is that much longer, and heavier. I worry about high centering and the extra weight without a lift. Also what can you guys tell me about the engine? This guy is great, he is letting me take the cart for Spring Break next week to test it out since I have done business with him already, but any input from you guys would be great. I assume the same lift is for regular and limo carts???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Limo front.jpg (56.2 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Limo side.jpg (55.7 KB, 22 views)
BrewCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-08-2010, 08:44 PM   #2
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2000 EZGO Limo...

That's a Medalist body style, normally on standard carts from 1995 to 1996. I have seen them on Freedom models as late as 1998. I highly doubt this is a new as a 2000 model? You will need to post the model and serial numbers to be sure...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:50 PM   #3
WickedCarts
NOT a Sponsor

if its a factory limo we need to see the rear end how it mounts to the leaf springs.... like Mike said thats a steel body from earlier carts... also the arms rest look different too... model number would tells us alot... thanks for pics
WickedCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:16 PM   #4
pansser
ZONE FREE ZONE

E-Z-GO

does it have manual or hyd brakes? never mind, i looked closer at the picks. that one should have the regular rear end rather than the industrial one that is a pain in the butt to lift.
pansser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:39 PM   #5
BrewCrew
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I texted the guy and he will get me the model and serial numbers tomorrow. If this is older than a 2000 I may not be getting as good of a deal as I thought. What would be a good price thing? It runs good, no smoke, and seems pretty tight. I am trading him my 2005 G22 gas with flip rear seat, light kit, mirror and runs great plus $250.00. If this is older I'm not so sure. Here are some more pics if this can help find out what year this is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg limo rear.jpg (71.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg limo stde rear.jpg (73.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg limo front2.jpg (78.2 KB, 5 views)
Old 03-08-2010, 10:59 PM   #6
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCrew View Post
I texted the guy and he will get me the model and serial numbers tomorrow. If this is older than a 2000 I may not be getting as good of a deal as I thought. What would be a good price thing? It runs good, no smoke, and seems pretty tight. I am trading him my 2005 G22 gas with flip rear seat, light kit, mirror and runs great plus $250.00. If this is older I'm not so sure. Here are some more pics if this can help find out what year this is.
No no no - He ought to be paying YOU! That cart will have a 9 hp motor and who knows the whole story on the clutches / belts / steering and brakes...

I honestly don't see what you are gaining here? Still seats 4 people? Drop at least 5 years (probably 6 - 8 years)...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:55 AM   #7
ruredy
Born Wild

well i'm not going to try and guess the year, they did quit selling the medalist to the general public in 95-96 but still made them for a bunch of years after on a special order basis to courses and such. they(limos) have a pretty high value when compaired to regular carts. I'm not sure what your yamaha would be worth but i'd say that limo would be near $3000 on a good day the best I can figure. even if it is alittle older I wouldn't exclude it just cause of that. You can change the body on that cart to any of the ST or TXT ones, it's basically the same cart.
I was totally surprised how well the limo carts do off road, you wouldn't think they'd go so well beings big and all. I think it's cause they can twist more, they seem to get traction when other carts won't. alot more stable than a normal carts too. I can't say much about regular tires other than I have a pile of them in the shed. everyone around here loves our limo, it's just a fun cart and nobodys facing backwards, you can talk to each other normal. it's a very inviting cart, easy for everyone to get in and out. just a great cart for family and friends.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:05 PM   #8
BrewCrew
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Well I'm not sure what I am going to do. The guy called me back and the plate for the model and serial is not there. He said all he knew was he bought 3 of these and he was told they were 2000 models. This is the only one he has left. I really think this guy is honest and I truely believe he thinks they are 2000 models. Is there any other way to try find out what year they are if the plate is gone? My wife and I both like the extra room and that we could add the back seat flip for hauling people or all of our lake "crap". He is letting me try it for the weekend to test it out, I just hate to have 1995 when I have a 2005 now. What can you guys tell me about the kift kits? I guess they are the same right?
Old 03-10-2010, 08:45 AM   #9
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCrew View Post
Well I'm not sure what I am going to do. The guy called me back and the plate for the model and serial is not there. He said all he knew was he bought 3 of these and he was told they were 2000 models. This is the only one he has left. I really think this guy is honest and I truely believe he thinks they are 2000 models. Is there any other way to try find out what year they are if the plate is gone? My wife and I both like the extra room and that we could add the back seat flip for hauling people or all of our lake "crap". He is letting me try it for the weekend to test it out, I just hate to have 1995 when I have a 2005 now. What can you guys tell me about the kift kits? I guess they are the same right?
They make the cart taller .
just kidding sorta, they do make the cart taller. If your wanting to keep it in a garage don't go to high, that depends on how tall the door is.

Your getting to use the cart before you even buy it, that's a good deal. drive it around inspect it very well for rust and other potential problems. If you don't want it, don't get it. You've never said what he's wanting for the cart, and I don't know what the value of your yamaha is, so there isn't much way to tell you accurately one way or another. the factory shuttle 6 limos like that are pricey in good shape, i wouldn't trade my limo for your cart and it's a 96
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:33 PM   #10
BrewCrew
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

He called me back again today and told me made some calls and he also the same thing about them stopping production in 1996. He wanted to be upfront with me and he understood if I did not want to do it. I told him I would still like to check it out. If this goes great at the lake I am going to really think hard on it, even if it is an older one. At least I get it for several days to check it totally out. If I still feel this won't work he said no problem he has other people interested and will be able to sell it no problem. I believe he is asking $2,750, and he is making a trade with mine plus I owe him $250. I asked if there was some wiggle room and he said no, it would be like leaving money on the table to him. I understand, he is selling these to make money, not break even. Thanks to all that chimed in and don't hesitate to offer anymore insight.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO