lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-29-2010, 06:53 PM   #1
bikernut
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Starter/Generator Belt

Well I ordered a new starter/generator belt from Buggies unlimited for my 1997 Club Car DS gasser. Now I need to know what I have to do to replace it when it arrives. Does the back body need to be removed to do this or just lift the seat? This question might sound dumb but it is my first cart and haven't even looked at them until the day I purchased it so I need all the assistance I can get, maybe even some pictures from a manual to help me along. thanks
bikernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-29-2010, 10:06 PM   #2
adr
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Starter/Generator Belt

here is a link to a pdf file that is a manual for a 05 club car,, but the starter adjustmen should be the same..http://www.golftechs.us/Manuals/2005...Supplement.pdf
adr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:09 AM   #3
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by adr View Post
here is a link to a pdf file that is a manual for a 05 club car,, but the starter adjustmen should be the same..http://www.golftechs.us/Manuals/2005...Supplement.pdf
This might sound silly; Roll your old belt off and your new belt on. bugger the reccomended specs, I run a new belt as tight as a drum, damp weather at standard CC specs and it sounds like a goat fuc*ed HillBilly who needs a good corn holing. Standard specifications do NOT take in to account the ambient temperatures and relative humidity of your particular State, so Just jam it up tight and neatly avoid the need for a "tow home" and it's messy connotations
With all due respect and no offense to poofters who enjoy a sturdy "cheek rattler" from time to time. Good on yer

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 06:15 AM   #4
Brad
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

and relative humidity of your particular State.............ain't that the little bead's of sweat that form on a hillbilly's forehead while he's b@nging his sister.
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 05:52 PM   #5
rollingon12s
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Note so self: Stay the f@#k away from missouri
rollingon12s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 06:29 PM   #6
bikernut
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks
Old 10-03-2010, 01:50 PM   #7
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

dude, just put the belt on, throw a pry bar in there give it a tug and lock her down! youll bee fine!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:32 PM   #8
bikernut
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I also just noticed that when I go to start it the belt slips but when the belt finally catches the motor starts but it just sits and chugs and the drive doesn't engage but after a bit the drive belt catches and away I go but it doesn't seem to come up to top speed when I depress the pedal to the mat. If I let up a bit on the pedal the cart seems to get some more nut and takes off, any ideas?
Old 10-09-2010, 01:06 PM   #9
dougonbay
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

"dude, just put the belt on, throw a pry bar in there give it a tug and lock her down! youll bee fine!"

Thought I'd jump in....just changed my belt on a 98 gasser and I can't tighten the dang thing up. I know how to tighten fan belts but it ain't working.

I've loosened the top 2 bolts and the bottom slider bolt....it goes up and down easy but it won't go the final inch or so. The whole engine lifts a little when I pry so I think I have enough leverage. Even put a nylon line around it and had a buddy pull it forward as I was prying from the rear.

Still get a big squeal on start-up. Could there be a cable that's stopping this? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Doug
dougonbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:54 PM   #10
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougonbay View Post
"dude, just put the belt on, throw a pry bar in there give it a tug and lock her down! youll bee fine!"

Thought I'd jump in....just changed my belt on a 98 gasser and I can't tighten the dang thing up. I know how to tighten fan belts but it ain't working.

I've loosened the top 2 bolts and the bottom slider bolt....it goes up and down easy but it won't go the final inch or so. The whole engine lifts a little when I pry so I think I have enough leverage. Even put a nylon line around it and had a buddy pull it forward as I was prying from the rear.

Still get a big squeal on start-up. Could there be a cable that's stopping this? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Doug
is it ging all the way to the end of the adjuster arm? if so it sounds as though it migh be the wrong belt if its a new one, or its a wrn belt. al you got is the 2 pivot bolts fro the starter genny, and a pivot/hold down bot on the arm and a nut form the arm to the genny/starter. but if its moving and coming to the end, i might say get a new/correct belt. gates make a belt for it. and all major auto parts store can crossrefrence there numbers. but i have to tell you to make sure you surrport a sponsor on here!
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car