lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2011, 02:49 PM   #11
rivertime
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Hard starting G1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB74 View Post
Site sponsor East Coast Carts lists the seals and puller all in stock.

5909 puller
3945 fan side seal
3946 clutch side seal

I make my own locking plate out of a piece of scrap sheet metal. Drill a 1/2 inch hole in it and use your old one as a guide. Flip it over to duplicate the broken half, or just guess at it if it is all missing. It doesn't have to be precise, you just need enough metal to fold over against the bolt head. Cut it out with tin snips or a dremel.
That's odd. None of the part numbers come up under search. Also tried by description and nothing there either. Must be doing something wrong.
rivertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2011, 04:39 PM   #12
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

?????
Try here?

http://www.eastcoastcarts.com/
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:26 PM   #13
Mark P
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I have to do the same job on my 85 G!-let me know how this tool works for you and how your repair works.

PS-I have been told that the tolerances on genuine yamaha seals are much better than aftermarket brand seals and they should not cost much more-told they will last a lot longer and function much better.

Good Luck
Mark P
Mark P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:09 PM   #14
rivertime
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB74 View Post
That worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark P View Post
I have to do the same job on my 85 G!-let me know how this tool works for you and how your repair works.

Mark P
Will do.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:44 PM   #15
rivertime
Getting Wild

Yamaha

To all those who might stumble across this post on a search. The "hard starting G1" was completely cured with the crankseal replacement. It turned out to be a week long adventure first ordering and waiting for the clutch puller tool and seals, then ordering a tap and die set to repair the bunged up clutch puller tool. It all worked though. If you have the symptoms described above...........you might have bad seals. Good test put up by others is to spray some ether at the seals when the cart is running. If it changes rpm or stumbles, the seals are probably bad.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha