lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-24-2011, 04:57 PM   #1
essner
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha g2 frame question

Hey guys i just picked up a g2 on craigslist but realized that the frame is all rusted.... the gas pedal just broke off and is now just dangling....so i guess this means that i have to make a new frame, so i was wondering if anyone out there has made their own frame or has the dimensions which i could copy to make another frame. Thanks
essner is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2011, 09:45 PM   #2
evcrawfish
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Yamaha g2 frame question

howdy, not knowing how bad the frame is rusted, not knowing your skill set, not knowing if you can weld or not. etc.... kind of hard to say. the g2 i just got had quite a bit of rust on the frame, i just stripped the plastic body off, drilled the rivets for the floor and exposed the frame. then i got my little mig out and repaired the frame. after i finished welding i sanded, wire brushed, etc the whole frame. then i primed it all and then sprayed it with bed liner spray. it is MUCH easier to repair a frame than to fabricate a whole new one.

YMMV good luck and GOD bless, maranatha
evcrawfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:56 PM   #3
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: Yamaha g2 frame question

Where are you located essner?
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha