lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2011, 05:19 PM   #1
FlimFlam
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Cool 1987 G2 Gas is dead

G2 has been running for 3 weeks after sitting outside for years. After parking it overnight outside in the rain the next morning nothing would happen. Not even a backup buzzer. It will turn over if I jump across the solenoid. I'm checking continuity now. All fuses check okay. I'm now checking the main switch. According to the wiring diagram with the switch on I should get a resistance reading (~0.2) across the black and black/red wires AND the same across the red and brown wires. Am I interpreting this correctly? I only get 0.2 across the red and brown and nothing across the black and black/red. This makes me think the switch is bad. Thanks!
FlimFlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-11-2011, 07:51 PM   #2
FlimFlam
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Question Re: 1987 G2 Gas is dead

By the way, I just connected the small terminals of the soleniod directly to the battery (without the battery cables connected to the battery) and the solenoid pulls the contacts together. So I'm thinking the solenoid is working as long as 12v gets there. Any suggestions?
Old 09-12-2011, 07:00 PM   #3
toadady
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 1987 G2 Gas is dead

jump across the key switch and see if anything changes
toadady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:34 PM   #4
FlimFlam
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks toadady,
That's kinda what my starting post mentioned when I referred to the wiring diagram and was I reading it correctly. So, if you're familiar with this wiring diagram, tell me if I'm on the right track. If I'm reading the diagram correctly I can disconnect the main switch connector and jump across the black and black/red as well as jump across the red and brown. By putting these 2 jumpers in place I should be able to hear the backup buzzer if I switch to reverse. Is this correct?
Old 09-12-2011, 10:56 PM   #5
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Not sure about wire colors but remove the floor plate around the pedals and unplug the pedal switch, jump across it and turn the key on, it should energize the solenoid, if not, jumper micro switch at F/R lever and try it again.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 07:11 AM   #6
FlimFlam
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks Crash,
I'll try that tonight after work (I live in Roanoke area).
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha