lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2011, 07:00 PM   #1
tweekng1
Not Yet Wild

Default g1 has one speed full throttel

im a newbie have a yamaha g1 89 with a gas motor i dont know much about it the problem is when i give it gas it turns on and runs wide open no matter were the peadel is at. i think to governer is off has a flap on the muffler that is rigged open and the rods to connect it to the carb are gone. if you need more info just let me know thanks
tweekng1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2011, 09:52 AM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: g1 has one speed full throttel

The throttle cable you can get at by pulling up the floor rubber and the panel there. Check that, it goes to the top of the transmission on the governor arm. The other side of the arm is connected to the throttle on the carb. Make sure nobody stuck something in the linkage to keep it open. Some take the cable off and hook it direct to the carb, you can also drill out the shaft hole in the arm to disable the governor and make it go fast. Make sure the carb is not rotating in the rubber boot, if so remove and clean with carb/brake clean and put back in. The valve in the exhaust should be fixed open, that is ok, all it really did was make it slightly quieter at part throttle and its really not needed some don't have it.

This is the governor arm, you can put vicegrips on it like this to temporarily disable the governor but eventually it will break the throttle cable from excessive pressure. Make sure it does not bind on the intake hose, use the small pocket vicegrips. The rubber bellows there on the arm is the cable from the pedal. The long part of the arm runs the carb.

The other end of the arm and carb photo here:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...5670-carb.html
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:39 PM   #3
tweekng1
Not Yet Wild

i have all that in there so the governer has not been afected im thinkin. what can i do so that when i press the pedeal bearly it goes slow and when i open it up it goes fast b/c right now when i press it bearly, as soon as it starts it goes as fast as it can go i have an older g1 that i took the carb off and its the same when i swaped them out so im thinking its on the cart some where and not the carb but im not realy sure
tweekng1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:54 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Turn the key off and lift the hood, verify the carb stays closed at low throttle and goes back closed when you let off the gas.....I would guess it is in the linkage and check all that first.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha