lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-19-2011, 11:44 AM   #1
Field6565
Gone Wild

Default G1 front end binding

I'm having a binding issue with my front end. After putting the front end up on jack stands i adjusted the steering box so there is no binding from left to right. Then when I put the cart back on the ground I have a ton of binding. Its almost like there is binding somewhere else in the steering. So what should I look for? Could an adjustment on the tie rod ends help this problem. Thanks. Should add that i just put a homemade 2 inch lift on it but I had this issue before the lift.

Last edited by Field6565; 11-19-2011 at 11:53 AM.. Reason: more info
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-19-2011, 11:53 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 front end binding

when you say "binding" i imagine you mean it feels difficult to steer? have you tried greasing the king pins? if your king pins are worn they will often not move freely on the spindle when there is weight on them. try disassembling the spindles and king pins and inspect for wear on those pins.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha