lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-09-2012, 07:39 PM   #11
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: need help again g1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarfields View Post
very little play almost none.i hate putting together and taking it apart but what can i do ? i'm going to try a little liquid gasket on the outside of the seal and try pushing it further in place, maybe it just not suppose to be flush but in a little further any other ideas would be welcome
I actually used a large socket that was just smaller than the seal and tapped on that to get them seated. It took some effort. Once it goes in halfway its easier to go the rest of the way.

One thing to look at is the metal surface the seal slides against. Is it clean, shiny, and free of burrs?

Also put a little oil on the edges of the seals and on the inside of the mating surface before you set them in. That will help them to slide instead of grip.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-09-2012, 07:50 PM   #12
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

If you're sure they are in all the way and they pop out again, I'd have to consider the following:

1.) Crank bearings are bad. There can be movement when running that you can't see or feel when it's not moving. Mine felt pretty good and when I took it apart one side was seriously shot and the other wasn't as bad, when the cases were together it took some slop out but they rattled when it was running.

2.) Wrong seals. Is it possible that you are not using the correct seals for this engine. I would make a phone call and double check. I have seen differences in mfg. practices from China made parts and one batch could be 1mm off and it could cause a problem. China made parts have been known to be inconsistent in quality, fit, and finish.

3.) Seals are worn on the edges. The rubber on the seals could have been damaged or scraped down if they weren't aligned properly the first time. This would make them a "loose" fit.

4.) Worn case. I don't know how but the mating surfaces could be out of spec. In other words enlarged, and the correct seals pop out because there is not enough of a friction/pressed fit. You could rent/borrow/buy an inside mic and take a measurement. Then use an outside mic and measure the seal. I'm sure someone here could find the correct factory specs for you. Again, the China factory fit and finish could be in question here.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:04 PM   #13
Field6565
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarfields View Post
the seal goes in flush but when i put the rest together and turn the engine over the seal pops back out there a 1/4 inch gap between the seal and the clutch.the compression pops it out and oil and air excape.
You said that the seal "POPS OUT"? I don't understand. The seal is held in by the oil pump housing which is bolted in place. You didnt put the flywheel side seal in there? Did you? Flywheel side seal part #93102-30128. And clutch side seal part#93102-30188. I think the flywheel side seal is a little bit smaller.
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:00 PM   #14
yamarancher
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Well, i don't know how many times you have tryed to install this seal, but if more than once, very possible that it's bent-sprung-warped-dented. if so you may have to start from square one with a new seal, oem are the best. possibly make something like a 2x4 about 4-5" long and drill a hole in the center of the flat side big enough to go over the crankshaft then get a big socket and smack on that 2by. the seal needs to go in square& even, put some 2 cycle oil on the inside of the seal. just be easy on it, you'll need the oil pump housing to hold the seal in, or you could make a plate to hold it, just bolt it were the housing bolts to the crankcase. Goodluck & hope your riding soon !
yamarancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:32 PM   #15
dcarfields
Not Yet Wild

hey thx 4 input I am going to try a new seal and make a plate to go where the oil housing use to go that should do it will see i'll let u know hopefully tomorrow thx again everybody
dcarfields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:30 AM   #16
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

The oil pump housing doesn't hold the seal in. The seal is a press fit. It will stay in there by itself if all is well. I don't have an oil pump housing on mine, and seal is still there.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:01 AM   #17
CajunLoneWolf
The Pro in procrastinate!

Yamaha

You have to make sure the right seal is in there too. The seal are different sizes for the two sides. If the seal was put in crooked it is shot and you need another one.
CajunLoneWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha