lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-13-2012, 08:59 AM   #1
makobuggie
Gone Wild

Default pullys

I have a g1 i want to rebuild, i have pully ,can the clutch and flywheel be removed without that mm bolt? And if i need it where can i buy one? Thanks.
makobuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-13-2012, 11:40 AM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: pullys

You'll have to remove the center bolt on the clutch to remove it... I think that is what your asking.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:13 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: pullys

You need the puller bolt, if that is what you mean. You can buy just the bolt and make a rod that goes into the crank to make a puller, instead of the one piece you see for sale. There is no other way to get the clutch off the taper, though some clutches part of it will come off and leave the inner sheave on the crank and you can rebuild some that way. It is a metric bolt the size is posted here someplace a 14x1mm or whatever it is. I had a machinist make me a puller but would have to dig to find the print for it if I even have it. What you can do is buy a puller and put it back on ebay, or some loan tools on here. Whatever you do never try to use a puller on the sheaves they will break. The only other way we used to do on sleds but they had big guards around the clutches. We would leave the bolt a couple threads out and slowly drive around the yard a while until the clutch fell off. But a cart has no guard it could fly out with force. With the guards and belt it stopped quick and never went anywhere in a sled. I think the flywheel you can use a normal puller on, you can buy them at autozone/etc pretty reasonable. I think CPP and TNT have the puller bolts for the clutch.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha