lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-14-2012, 08:47 PM   #1
dwmmatt23
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default New G1 project

Well I made it back into another G1, found this one with up to date CA plates (which is almost impossible here in CA) but was not running. After some tinkering and advice on my carb got it running good. Now onto the modding, I plan on grafting some sort of long travel front end, fabbing a roll cage, new paint, possible big block with axel swap..... And more

dwmmatt23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-14-2012, 08:51 PM   #2
bigred_262002
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: New G1 project

I would like to see how you do the roll cage. I was wanting to build one for mine. but with the body that rolls back I wasn't sure how to do this.
bigred_262002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:20 PM   #3
dwmmatt23
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Rhinos have some brackets on cages that swivel on rear and quick disconnect on front, I was thinkin about going this route. In my other project I bought a cheap stock rhino cage and could see it fitting pretty easily just shrinking it to size, I'm gonna try to find one again cheap if I can and go that route
Old 02-15-2012, 11:39 AM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Nice cart! I'm doing an atv front end on mine as well and ran into some trouble figuring out how to tie the atv front frame section onto the G1.

I also want to do the roll cage. I thought maybe a fixed mounted cage attached under the front cowl on the main frame, then attached in the rear next to the body on the sides behind the seats, tie into the frame from underneath, run a mount out from under the cart in front of the rear wheels. Make the cage wide and tall enough to clear the body as it swings up for servicing. Just a thought.

I like the quick disconnect idea also.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 02:25 AM   #5
dwmmatt23
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Got alil paining done, went blue on this one, I have some dark blue marine carpet leftover I'm gonna do the floors in along with probably I diamond plate dash

Old 02-21-2012, 06:25 AM   #6
bigred_262002
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Looking good.
bigred_262002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:37 PM   #7
dwmmatt23
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Found a cage I like and kind of how I was seeing it in my head so im going to try and copy this one, it will still retain the shell being able to open
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha