lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-15-2012, 12:02 PM   #1
confused
Not Yet Wild

Default drive belt g1(81)?

Attachment 62377

Attachment 62378
top two pics of golf cart that i am rebuilding,got most of it back together and went to test drive belt does not move. whats wrong here
Attachment 62379

Attachment 62380
bottom two pics is my other g1 notice the difference dont understand whats missing have a service manual and still dont see it this one does run

hope this posts ok my 1st time for posting pics

you all have been alot of help thanks in advance.
confused is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-15-2012, 12:13 PM   #2
confused
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: drive belt g1(81)?

to be more clear the top pics i said the belt does not move the clutch moves. the belt just appears to be loose i tried to tighten and had no luck thats why i took the belt off my 2nd g1 that runs and noticed the difference between the two maybe thats the way they are suppose to look the bottom pic is a 85 model
Old 02-15-2012, 01:31 PM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Unfortunately your pics don't load. Try doing it again or check the URL.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:33 PM   #4
confused
Not Yet Wild

golf cart 001.jpg

golf cart 002.jpg

golf cart 003.jpg

golf cart 004.jpg
Old 02-15-2012, 04:40 PM   #5
confused
Not Yet Wild

hope you can see it this time im not computer savy. top 2 pics is what i am trying to get going, the 2 bottom pics are my 85 g1 that is running just removed belt to see what the difference was i can see one is different than the other. why is something missing, any ideals different style? just want to see if you can tell what problem is.

hope i am not rambling and you all can get what i am after sorry for the CONFUSION)
Old 02-15-2012, 04:52 PM   #6
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

They look like the same clutch, although the bottom two it looks as if the sleeve between the two sheaves is broken, missing, or out of place. But that you say the top two pics are the of the cart that isn't working right?

Ok when you run cart without the belt on it, does the clutch compress inward when you rev the engine? This is what will allow the sheaves to grab the belt and squeeze it to cause it to move the belt. If it does not, then there is your problem. If it does, try switching the belts from the other cart and see if they are different length and width.

Did you ever have this cart running properly with the current setup?
Old 02-15-2012, 05:27 PM   #7
confused
Not Yet Wild

slonomo no i never had this cart running.engine was blown when i got it. i dont think the clutch is compressing inward like you said, will check and get back with. yes sir i agree the other that is running looked suspious to me also.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:49 PM   #8
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by confused View Post
slonomo no i never had this cart running.engine was blown when i got it. i dont think the clutch is compressing inward like you said, will check and get back with. yes sir i agree the other that is running looked suspious to me also.
You'll need to take the clutch off, disassemble, inspect, clean, lube very lightly, and reassemble, and use a new belt.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:09 PM   #9
confused
Not Yet Wild

I think i know what i am doing wrong got to work 2nite and was talking to my maint. man
i dont have the carb. on or the gas tank on i think i got in to big of a hurry i was just barely touching gas pedal to see if my rear end wheel would turn. he explained to me which i am sure you guys already know. he explained how the belt rides on the clutch and the faster it moves in and out the belt get tension. my bad will let you guys know when i get everything hooked up. i wasnt giving alot of gas cause i didnt have oil gas mixture,trying to be cautious and it bit me in the you know where. keep you posted.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha