lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-29-2016, 03:08 PM   #1
LanneG
Not Yet Wild

Default 2007 st 350 blown engine, rebuild or new Predator engine?

My cart is 11HP, I can get a rebuild for $900. I have heard of using Predator engines from harbor freight, feed back on how easy a swap would be and if the value would be more if I used a rebuild engine.
LanneG is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-29-2016, 03:48 PM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2007 st 350 blown engine, rebuild or new Predator engine?

First, if You're going with a factory rebuild call Carrie at CT rebuilds and swap yours for a freshly rebuilt one, they'll charge a *LOT* less than $900 and You'll get a warranty too (706) 533 2698 ... The predator is going to require far more work and expense, You'll need to buy or fab engine mounts, get the correct adapters to use your clutch or buy a new Comet, You'll need the right brackets fabbed or bought to re-use your original starter/generator or Your battery won't charge, then You need to figure exhaust, etc ... It's more of a "tinkerers" thing to screw around fitting a Predator, and You still have basically a cheap questionable knockoff engine. Now if You're looking at the Predator in the quest for more power, VegasCarts sells complete kits with a 26hp engine ready-to-install for around $1200 at discount (such as their holiday sale going on right now) - THAT is one serious setup, everything You need right down to the bolts and belts to turn your ST into a real fire-breather. www.vegascarts.com ... I've done several of their conversions and it can be done easily with a helping hand in a long afternoon/evening session (the trickiest part is getting the old cradle swapped with the new one, YES they even provide an entirely new engine cradle/swingarm on the EZGO kits).

Either way, I'd steer You away from the Predator route, it'll cost you more to give you less in the long run.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 04:02 PM   #3
LanneG
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info BrewCityMusic, very helpful. I will contact Carrie. Thanks again!
Old 12-29-2016, 05:24 PM   #4
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Just for fun, ask her about their "375" upgrade, it's an extra 3hp for around $100 - being as You already have the 350 carb and exhaust it's a drop-in for You. You can actually rejet and get another horse or so out of it if You want, nice engines!
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 10:57 AM   #5
LanneG
Not Yet Wild

Will do! I spoke to her earlier as well as looked at Vegas. What a gas, pardon the pun the 26 HP would be! Deciding on what to do. Thanks again.
Old 01-01-2017, 06:31 PM   #6
todds87ss
Not Yet Wild

all the extra power is a small benefit without larger tires. I got a 420 clone from Northern tool for under 200 bones. Add the required stuff from vegas carts, very minor fab (muffler related). less than 750 total. it runs like stock, until I fit larger tires.
todds87ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO