lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2009, 07:47 PM   #11
gaston
Gone Wild

Default Re: Yamaha Charger Wiring Diagram

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89 View Post
Just yesterday a local "reputable" cart shop wanted to charge this guy whom I just met over $200 to get him going....that part cost $2. No labor, just the part. Fortunately I have several of the parts here at home and GAVE him one.
Sorry for hijacking the thread, but this got me interested, what was this part Roady? I run a golf car shop also and have heard of such stories also...
Nice on the MAC info by the way.
gaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-01-2013, 11:32 PM   #12
BostonGolf
Not Yet Wild

Hi guys,

I know this is a few years down the track but I found this on the web today (I had a Yamaha charger blowing fuses and SCRs big-time!). Much better resolution than the .pdf above.

It probably won't be any use to you now but might prove useful for anyone chasing information about these chargers.

http://www.macmc.com/literature/scr.pdf

Albert
BostonGolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:16 PM   #13
Patrick Macdonell
Not Yet Wild

I am having a problem with charging on my g29 the charger power light is on. When I insert the plug the charger clicks and all the lights come on momentarily. Then all but the power light and green charge light stay lit momentarily then the green light goes out and the power light stays on. This repeats itself over and over about three seconds apart. Does anyone know whether this is a problem with the charger or the cart charging system. The cart batteries register 46.5 volts at the connector. The charger is a Yamaha charger.
Patrick Macdonell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:18 PM   #14
Patrick Macdonell
Not Yet Wild

I hope I am not breaking any forum rules by posting here, I am fairly new to the forum.
Old 06-12-2019, 02:59 AM   #15
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

If the cart drives, it's a bad charger. The voltage is high enough that it should charge, and if it can be driven any distance, the batteries are "ok" enough that they should be able to take charge. I'm betting charger. I bet you have the small "flat charger", and the little sticker next to the 120v input will have a part number starting with "JW2". That charger isnt really worth putting a bunch of cash into. It's built with one single board, with everything soldered on, so no chance of unscrewing and changing out a single failed component. If it's not something as simple as a loose connection in there, the average user has no hope of fixing it themselves. I'd say start looking into a new charger option (ScottyB at www.cartsunlimited.net has some good options for good prices).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:04 AM   #16
Patrick Macdonell
Not Yet Wild

Thanks cgtech, cart runs. I suspected the charger was the culprit but wanted some professional advice. As always you have been a great help. In the past and now with my charging problem. Take care.
Old 06-28-2020, 03:21 PM   #17
offgridcart
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Nice job on the .pdf find and post BostonGolf. Yes it helps others later on down the path.
offgridcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha