lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2021, 09:52 PM   #11
TinkerTowns
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2000 Club Car Series cart is slow w/ new batteries

Quick update- Batteries are 52 volts an hour after charge… no issue there. Under load they drop to 48.1 volts. I understand series carts typically run 12-14 mph on flat ground with stock motor controller. I have upgraded controller to 400 amp and have a fresh PQ bandit upgrade, so I should be around the 20-24 mph range. Batteries are new and so is potentiometer/ v glide. I jumped my half speed reverse micro switch with NO noticeable Forward moving speed change. I have ordered new 2 ga cable set for batteries and to/from controller/motor(I’m thinking this will help a bit). Last note for series cart owners have speed issues: climb under the cart and investigate the pedal assembly. Make sure there isn’t any slop/ wear where the pedal mounts to the frame and where the “ball & joint” connections are on both end of the pedal rod. I noticed some excessive play where my pedal is mounted to chassis and will investigate/ repair tomorrow. Hang tight for an update. I’m going to whoop this cart’s a$$ by the end of it all.
TinkerTowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-11-2021, 09:53 AM   #12
TinkerTowns
Not Yet Wild

Alrighty y’all. I’m humbled to admit the solution. Swapped cables and there was a slight improvement but where the real difference was made, was the adjustment for the potentiometer/v glide. I got under the cart, with the batteries disconnected, and depressed the pedal to the floor. With it depressed, I looked at the “knob arm/lever” on the v glide and noticed it wasn’t reaching far enough to engage the high speed portion of glide. I pulled the “ball and joint” portion off and pushed the glide lever to full throttle. I then simply unscrewed/lengthened the connection from pedal until it would slip back onto the v glide lever. —- it’s safe to say that the next one won’t be this difficult/expensive.

Thank you all for your help!
Old 12-11-2021, 09:59 AM   #13
TinkerTowns
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko773 View Post
Take a look to see if your getting full throttle Power on the V glide.
Nicko, thanks for this and sorry I didn’t dive into it sooner. When I replaced the vglide, I never changed the adjustment thinking that was where it needed to be since this cart was received stock. Previous owner never got full potential out of the throttle apparently.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car