lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2013, 12:50 PM   #1
RDMG16E
Not Yet Wild

Default '97 G16E Jerk Start Forward and Reverse

Bought a '97 G16E, put new Trojans in it, and sent the controller off to FSIP for a rebuild. The cart now runs, but spins the tires in forward and reverse on take off. In reading some threads here it seems the throttle sensor,JN4-85885-01-00 would be the part to replace next, but before I spend another hundred on this cart, thought I would run it by the experts to see if there isnt anything else that might cause this. At full throttle it runs fine, its just on the initial starts, giving us whiplash for sure.

Thanks in advance for any advice, this is my first post of many more to come I am sure.

Rick
RDMG16E is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2013, 09:18 AM   #2
RDMG16E
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: '97 G16E Jerk Start Forward and Reverse

56 reads and not one suggestion, Looks like I am on my own to figure it out, the throttle sensor is ordered and I will actually post back if that fixes the issue, so maybe this will help out someone else down the road,
Old 05-28-2013, 08:52 AM   #3
RDMG16E
Not Yet Wild

Still not one expert suggestion, well the throttle sensor did nothing to alleviate the situation, still have full power when the pedal is pressed, will try the cheap diodes next, not sure where to go after that, the controller was just rebuilt and tested, will update again after more troubleshooting
Old 06-04-2013, 02:07 PM   #4
RDMG16E
Not Yet Wild

Diodes, same issue is still there, throttle sensor tested properly with Wh to Green as 0ohm, and rises as peddle is pushed, White to Blue, starts high ohms and goes low as peddle is pushed, I contacted FSIP, and have shipped the controller back for them to test out.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:58 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

some controllers will jerk violently if a blocking diode And pre-charge resistor are not present.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:03 PM   #6
RDMG16E
Not Yet Wild

I had replaced the diodes as well, just received the controller back from FSIP, was marked with a bad board, will post once I install it, cant see how they would have sent me one in the first place with a bad board, hope this one works, out of ideas if it doesnt,
Old 06-17-2013, 12:24 PM   #7
RDMG16E
Not Yet Wild

Still same issue, found that one of the motor posts was loose and would turn, yanked out the motor, will most likely send to CTS for a reman. $300, looks to be the cheapest route right now. Not certain this will fix the issue but have no other course but to try.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha