lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Melex

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-14-2006, 01:21 PM   #1
roady89

Default Melex 3 wheeler conversion.

This used to be a 3 wheeler. I had this dumb idea to make it a 4 wheeler. I will never do that again. However...it was a good learning experiance. I have poeple Pm'ing me all the time about how to convert one over. I just tell them how and what is involved and that they are better off buying a 4 wheeler to start.

I haven't see it in 4 months now. LOL! I keep it at the lake.

Keep in mind all this is hand fabbed!I did not use a tubing bender to make the A-arms, I made a jig and used my rosebud torch to heat and bend.

3 wheel golf cart conversion

3 wheel to 4 wheel golf cart conversion

golf cart 3 wheeler conversion
Old 12-14-2006, 01:34 PM   #2
tungpo1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

awsome job great fab work. I know its a bitch working with pipe, nice bends I need to make a jig also. Did you cope the ends of the tubing welded together, and did you tig or mig weld your pipe?
tungpo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 01:44 PM   #3
roady89

Quote:
Originally Posted by tungpo2
Did you cope the ends of the tubing welded together, and did you tig or mig weld your pipe?
I used 7018 rod.. I have migs and tigs but I built it off the back off my welding rig. Matter of fact I built all of it off the back of my truck.

Heres another pic of my handy work.
Just messin around.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:49 PM   #4
tungpo1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

WOW!!!! thats a nice bead puts me to shame. Very impressive.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:49 PM   #5
mphillip
Site Moderator

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Melex 3 wheeler conversion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89
This used to be a 3 wheeler. I had this dumb idea to make it a 4 wheeler. I will never do that again. However...it was a good learning experiance. I have poeple Pm'ing me all the time about how to convert one over. I just tell them how and what is involved and that they are better off buying a 4 wheeler to start.

I haven't see it in 4 months now. LOL! I keep it at the lake.

Keep in mind all this is hand fabbed!I did not use a tubing bender to make the A-arms, I made a jig and used my rosebud torch to heat and bend.

Hey that looks about like my cart.... You could make me one of those so I could have long travel fron suspension....
Seeing how you have the jig already
mphillip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 02:51 PM   #6
tungpo1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

that front end would be great for yours
Old 05-15-2007, 01:28 PM   #7
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

mphillip is interested in this frontend.
spriddle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 10:53 AM   #8
made4mudd357
Gone Wild

I know this is an old post but I need to bring it back to life lol..... I have practically the same cart and wanted to know exactly how the steering works... I have a 300ex quad front end that may go onto the cart
made4mudd357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:57 AM   #9
roady89
nimda
Club Car

The steering works off of the old 3 wheeler steering. See the steering joint right in the middle....thats where the front forks used to be mounted. I just used a steering joint and extended the shaft. IMO its not worth the money and time. I put $1000 dollars and lots of time into a $500 cart. The cart is currently being scrapped for parts....front end is gone..
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 03:02 PM   #10
made4mudd357
Gone Wild

I see how it works what is that top plate mounted to?? I just cut off the old from end but how does it come off the steering box?.. This project will cost me only a few hundred I have a full front end off of a honda 300ex to put on that i got for free and I got the cart for $30 so now I just need a motor
made4mudd357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Melex