lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2011, 02:48 PM   #1
procarsracing
Not Yet Wild

Default 2000 EZGO Workhorse trouble starting

Ive been having problems starting my cart first thing in the morning or when its cold..I remove the air filter and it fires right up. I replaced the carb with a new one,replaced the fuel filter,plugs,wires and even drained out the fuel tank.... but still have to remove the air filter. Any suggestions!!!!
procarsracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 03:09 PM   #2
clintmatlock
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2000 EZGO Workhorse trouble starting

I am having the same problemon my '02 Workhorse, cart runs perfect but when its cold I have to remove the filter to start it. Does anyone know if K&N makes a filter for these?
clintmatlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:32 PM   #3
rocko
Gone Wild

I have a Workhorse also , it may not be the same engine , I have the Kawaski 13 hp 2 cylinder 4 stroke , I have to choke it if it has been sitting up for a couple of days , it fires right up with the choke and is ready to go in a second , if it sits a day it will start up with no choke and be ready to go , ------------- you both saying that the air filter has to be removed to start up easily makes me think there is not enough compression to suck the correct amount of air into the mix or your air filter is causing a restriction of air flow --- a K+N may help
rocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:48 PM   #4
clintmatlock
Not Yet Wild

I had a compression test done on it last week and it was pulling 122 out of both cylinders in the 350cc robin. I am going to try a K&N and see
Old 07-11-2011, 05:52 AM   #5
rocko
Gone Wild

I have been thinking of a K+N filter for my Crossfire buggy as the OEM is a bit of a pain to take the element in and out if you find a small version K+N that works with your cart could you post up a link to it , thanks
rocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:39 AM   #6
abumpa
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Been thinking about this and it intrigues me as to what could change by simply removing the air cleaner. Obviously airflow is the first thing that comes to mind.

First let me say that I am new to golf carts and have limited experience with them.

It seems to me that we should be looking at air fuel volume changes and perhaps fuel pump function. I believe the fuel pump works off of crank case air flow but am unsure how or if intake air could effect it.

Hope someone with more experience comes along with the answer. This one interests me.
abumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:40 PM   #7
procarsracing
Not Yet Wild

correction....when it sits overnight or a long period of time I not only remove the air cleaner but as I hold the key on Im working the choke and gas pedal and it will eventually start....it doesnt fire right up
procarsracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:11 AM   #8
clintmatlock
Not Yet Wild

I checked my valve clearences and I guess the previous owner that rebuilt it just tightened them down all the way. Got them adjusted out to spec and compression is over 160 and it sucks air like a fat kid on a treadmill. Thanks guys. Still looking for a K&N filter if anyone finds one that will fit in that air box
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO