lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2009, 09:30 AM   #1
2fastlx
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 48v conversion results / speed ?

Hey guys,
I just finished a 48v conversion on my 97 DS. I was fortunate enough to get a complete wiring harness with controller, solenoid, Pot, and OBC from a friend which made the conversion a breeze. I bought new Trojan 875'S to go with it. My cart now runs 17.8mph which was a decent increase from the stock 13mph. Keep in mind I have stock tires (for now). The acceleration off the line is awesome. I have a small problem though. A buddy of mine has a 93 DS 36v that is lifted with 23" tires. I jump on him off the line nicely but he eventually reels me in and passes me. I know for a fact he has a 36v resistor cart. He said the guy he bought the cart from did some sort of modification to the v-glide (he didnt know what the v-glide was but he pointed it out to me). He said something about the guy told him he cut a spring or something. Does anyone have any idea what the deal is? I have 23"s Im putting on the cart tomorrow, will that make much difference in my top end? Thanks for any input, the guy is a good friend of mine and Im bothered by the fact that he is beating me
2fastlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2009, 09:45 AM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: 48v conversion results / speed ?

Theres no magic tricks you can do to the resistor cart v glide to get any more speed. (unless its screwed up in the first place) Either someone is pulling your leg or they are confused. If your talking about the coils behind the batts theres nothing you can do to those to make it run faster either. The resistors are out of the circuit at WOT so it won't matter. The only reason I know anyone would modify the resistors is for use on 48 volts but it doesn't involve cutting them.

Puttin the 23's on will get you a few more MPH.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 10:51 AM   #3
2fastlx
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the reply. Im just baffled how he has a 36v cart running 18+mph. Could his bigger tires give him that much of an increase in speed? I had a feeling something wasnt right because i didnt think there was anything inside the v-glide to really modify. Could he have an after marked or modified motor that would get him the extra speed?
Old 11-14-2009, 12:51 PM   #4
davet
Gone Wild

Club Car

After you put the 23's on you'll leave with him instead of leaving on him,and first one to the other end wins.Sounds like drag racing to me,don't forget if he still beats you,Throw money at it..Dave
davet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 02:22 PM   #5
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fastlx View Post
Could he have an after marked or modified motor that would get him the extra speed?
Bingo!
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 01:42 PM   #6
2fastlx
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougmcp View Post
Bingo!
'

Im gonna take a look at his motor today and see what I can find out.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car