lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2012, 09:17 AM   #51
bignate524
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: just got an 85 gas marathon

I believe so
bignate524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2012, 10:04 AM   #52
bignate524
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Heres a few pictures i snapped yesterday of the motor, I took off the access panel underneath the basket so I could get a better view of the clutch, and I snapped one of the carb as well....any feedback or tips would be great!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-06-15 19.01.39.jpg (144.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-06-15 19.01.27.jpg (176.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-06-15 18.06.41.jpg (107.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-16-2012, 11:07 AM   #53
GoTeeMan
EZ Like Sunday Morning

E-Z-GO

Are you using premix instead of the oil injection? If you are remove the from the elbow between carb and engine cause if the tank is empty you're gonna be sucking air when the oil pump pumps....take the banjo bolt out and put in a regular bolt to seal the elbow....

can we get a video of you trying to start the engine, a close up of the area between the back of the drive clutch and the engine so we can see what the crankshaft is doing..
GoTeeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:18 AM   #54
GoTeeMan
EZ Like Sunday Morning

E-Z-GO

The red arrow is the bolt/hose to remove if you are no longer using oil injection.
Is there a spring between the cable stop and the throttle (blue arrow)?
GoTeeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:27 AM   #55
bignate524
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Yeah this cart uses a premixed fuel/oil, just got off the phone with the previous owns and he told me he used synthetic AMSOIL with a 1.5oz-1gallon ratio.
GoTeeMan-at the red arrow, that hose connect to another hookup at the front of the cooling fan (some little gold piece i believe), and at the blue arrow there is a spring on the throttle cable, in the picture it is fully compressed, and when I depress the pedal it stretches.

Is it possible that when the engine backfired loudly and then I lost the ability to start it back up that maybe the head gasket blew or cracked or something during that backfire? I haven't checked the head yet, other than the spark plug.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:49 PM   #56
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

I'm having a hard time following this.I'm still not sure if your clutch is even tight.It could be possible that you blew a head gasket after the backfire but that would mean it was probably ready to go anyhow so it's sort of a blessing in disguise since it happened at home.But that's IF.I can't say anything without a video of a startup attempt.
Heliarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 02:51 PM   #57
bignate524
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

okay I got a video on my phone of me attempting to start the cart, is there any easy way to attach it to a post on here???
Old 06-16-2012, 03:01 PM   #58
bignate524
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmK-F...ature=youtu.be
Old 06-17-2012, 07:50 AM   #59
Heliarc
Warthog cart

E-Z-GO

Yea, I always just post vids the same way you did.Anyhow, it seems to me that your clutch is on there good so you should be ok to do a compression test.If you have an autozone or advanced auto around, you should be able to rent one.I mean that you go in, pay about $40, use the tester, bring it back and get your money back.Or possibly borrow one.A compression test is a quick way to show what's going on inside your engine.You should have at least 100 PSI.Mine ran on 70, but not well at all.
Heliarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:47 AM   #60
bignate524
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

alright I'll try and get a compression test, but I hope it turns out better than the first time i tried which i didnt get a reading at all ....it's as simple as unscrewing the spark plug and takin it out, screwin in the compression tester, and then pushing the pedal down right?

Tags
new to the forms
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO