lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2012, 09:32 AM   #1
statjunk
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Trailer Hitch

Hello,

I have a 2008.5 Club Car Precedent electric golf cart. It has the extra fold down seats in the back (4 seater)

I really looked around the forum to see where my thread would fit best so if I'm not in the right place please let me know.

I want to put a hitch on the cart so I can put a hitch basket on the back of the cart so I can move deer out of the woods. The deer in Michigan dressed weigh anywhere between 90 & 150 lbs. The one from last year was 126lbs dressed.

My hitch basket is the smaller receiver style, 1 1/4". It also has a curve in it to bring it slightly higher off the ground.

Has anyone on this forum done this? Any issues?

If not then I need to know what hitch system I should go with. I see that there are styles that mount to the cart itself with an extension bar and then there are the kind that bolt to the foot platform of the back seat.

Any ideas what is going to be better for my use?

Thanks in advance to all.

Tom
statjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2012, 11:42 AM   #2
lowrider
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Trailer Hitch

Mine is attached to the footrest, fore and aft. I pull around fairly heavy trailers with no problem. But that aint much weight on the tongue.
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:23 PM   #3
statjunk
Getting Wild
Club Car

Lowrider,

Do you think your trailers are putting 150lbs on the tongue?

I've since writing the post considered a small trailer but the costs are much higher and from my lawn tractor know that backing up a small trailer can be really challenging.

Tom
statjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:43 PM   #4
lowrider
Getting Wild

Club Car

No way. I am 150 years old and can not pickup 150lbs. I would guess 40-50 lb tongue weights. However, the trailers have a good bit of weight such as my Jon Boat, but not a lot of tongue weight.
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car