lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2017, 04:22 PM   #11
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Ordered clutch pullers.....

The three bolts around the outside ring of the puller screw into the three holes in the outer "face" of the drive clutch. Depending on the year you may have plastic plugs in those holes that need to be removed first. Then you use the center bolt to pull the cover away from the center shaft. You need to hold the nut with a wrench under the plate of the puller as you turn the bolt down.
I'm away from the shop till Monday but if you haven't got it by then I'll try to make a short video myself. It just so happens I've got a Club Car waiting for me that needs drive clutch work.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-23-2017, 04:30 PM   #12
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Here's a typical a three-hole puller setup. This particular photo is on my driven clutch but the setup is the same. The three bolts are to go through the elongated holes of main puller body. Then you run the large center bolt down (I'm using an impact gun), and the piece on the clutch that you threaded the three bolts into pops off.

Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 05:49 PM   #13
zingerbateman
Gone Wild

Club Car

we got it off! Thanks guys! I ordered buttons and weights with some free shipping today but will have to find a thrust washer. I flipped it over and it's not as grooved as the other side but I'm not planning on doing this again. Anything else I should do while I'm in there?...this is fun!

IMG_4920.jpg

IMG_4922.jpg
zingerbateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 07:39 PM   #14
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Just blow it out with compressed air and re-assemble. Don't use lube. Clutch is designed to be run dry.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car