lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2020, 07:39 PM   #1
7fa
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car XRT 950- engine mods??

Recently picked up an XRT 950 with the 14HP Vanguard engine in it. Advertised as 25mph top speed, but I've only seen it get up to 22mph and want to see if there are any simple mods I could do to get a little more power out of it.

Is there a way to modify the governor to get 200-300 extra RPM from it? I checked the exhaust and it does not have any restrictors in the exhaust ports.

Appreciate any suggestions...
7fa is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2020, 01:01 PM   #2
Jay Miller
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car XRT 950- engine mods??

You have reg tires and no lift? I have XRT 800 and the second I put lift and bigger rims and tires I gained about 5mph. No Joke! I can get it up to 27-28 but I only do that on one street that has 25mph speed radar. Otherwise we just kinda putt around most of the time. You can also look into HD clutch springs. Low end torque so slower off the start but might give more on the top. Can unhook rev limiter too but then whoever is driving needs to be careful and listen to the motor and make sure not to run wide open too much.
Jay Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car