lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2009, 10:42 AM   #1
sacsr
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Lifted Club Car Carryall front tires rubbing frame

Hey guys decided to start a new thread rather than hijacking someone else's. Dirtysouth I know you told me to look at adjusting my rack and pinion steering...but upon inspection I found that both tires are hitting the frame not the driver side only like I originally posted......

The carryall is a 1993....the lift is allsport 6" spindle kit.......the tires are 22" ....looking at where the tires hit the frame....I would need to cut of about 1"-1 1/2" at bottom of frame and cut diagonally up to front edge of the top of the frame......would help for 95% of the time.....I expect the regular club cars do not have the frame sticking out so far...the tires easily clear the rest of the cart with room to spare...

I use the cart for cleaning up the yard and now since I have bought a boomless sprayer---spraying round up on some land. No speedster here....just slow and steady......I needed the clearance to go over old stumps, etc on the land I maintain.

let me know if you still think I should work on adjusting the rack and pinion, now that you have the rest of the information...

or do I go in another direction....

thanks
sacsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-09-2009, 10:46 AM   #2
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: Lifted Club Car Carryall front tires rubbing frame

Yes, you have to trim the frame rails at an angle. The later models don't have the rails there. I don't recomend spindle lifts on utility carts or 6 pass. carts. A arms are much stronger and extend the front out 1 3/4- 3" making room for the tire to frame clearance.
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:54 AM   #3
sacsr
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Lifted Club Car Carryall front tires rubbing frame

thanks dirtysouth....unfortunately I bought the original lift before I got on this site.......I bought it used....so not alot of money was in it......if I had known what I know now a heavier duty lift kit would have been purchased......I appreciate the response and information......I use the cart very little and I am the only driver....will see how it works out....expect to have to replace it down the road and will make sure I check here before before I buy again!

You guys have been a lifesaver these past 2 weeks as I have put this old cart back together again.

thanks for all you do and share!

Thanks and have a great day!
Old 08-09-2009, 11:36 AM   #4
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: Lifted Club Car Carryall front tires rubbing frame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacsr View Post
thanks dirtysouth....unfortunately I bought the original lift before I got on this site.......I bought it used....so not alot of money was in it......if I had known what I know now a heavier duty lift kit would have been purchased......I appreciate the response and information......I use the cart very little and I am the only driver....will see how it works out....expect to have to replace it down the road and will make sure I check here before before I buy again!

You guys have been a lifesaver these past 2 weeks as I have put this old cart back together again.

thanks for all you do and share!

Thanks and have a great day!
After you trim the frame rails, you should be fine. Just don't do any heavy off roading with it. The weight capacity of the carry all can exceed the capacity of the lift. Long as yer just bummin' around the house, you will be fine.
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:53 PM   #5
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

you can also install a 2 inch extension plate to it if you don't wanna cut the frame rails. I had the same problem wiht my brand x spindle lift i started out with. it easily took care of my problem.

-Aaron
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:30 AM   #6
sacsr
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks Aaron! I ended up cutting the frame diagonally and it is working perfectly. I had thought I was going to have to go to a shop to have the frame cut but using a rotozip and then a hack saw it was pretty easy work. Helps that is it aluminium and not steel! I have really appreciated the input so far from this site....it is helping me shorten my learning curve on a lot of cart related things. Keep up the good work!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car