lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-09-2008, 12:14 PM   #1
mikes280
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default carryall 2

i want to lift the front of this cart just a little, cheap.So i was looking at the front end i only want about 1 to 2 inches so can i put a spacer under the frame where the spring mounts to raise it a little and if so will this change anything else, thanks.
mikes280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-09-2008, 02:29 PM   #2
4x4 CC
Frog Hunter

Club Car

Default Re: carryall 2

Im going to be honest, With 2 inches of lift, what are you going to gain? Just go big with a 5" Drop axle kit. Thats the best. Good luck!
4x4 CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 09:44 PM   #3
Otter70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Or go even bigger with 7" dropaxle. Got mine from Big Buggies. It's solid and the cart handles awesome!!

Otter70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 02:48 PM   #4
mikes280
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

ok guys again this is a carryall by club car and i don't want to spend a ton on it the front is lower then the rear so my ? is can i put some spacers above the spering where the plate is to raise it up a inch or two in the front only. i looked at some new ones with bigger tires and that is what it looks like they have done
Old 03-16-2008, 06:11 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The answer is NO. It is a Club Car, like you said. No easy way to bump it up 1 or 2 inches. I have recently tried...If you spacer up the spring mount and the spindle top mount and raise all the tierod and steering connections you can get it...the chamber will go nuts - so be prepaired to re align it or 'take my advice' ( I just paid for this) buy a jakes spindle lift. Alot of Carryalls have a 3" z lift on them...Mine had it when I bought it .....So now I'm adding the three and that makes Six!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 12:12 AM   #6
4x4 CC
Frog Hunter

Club Car

Jakes makes a 3" spindle lift. You could probably put a HD spring in the front but then you loose alot of ride quailty.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:26 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4 CC View Post
Jakes makes a 3" spindle lift. You could probably put a HD spring in the front but then you loose alot of ride quailty.
Exactly what I just ordered. Of course the HD spring will just be a stocker cut down and added in....to limit travel...
Old 03-17-2008, 08:15 PM   #8
4x4 CC
Frog Hunter

Club Car

My HD spring replaced my entire front spring. It was still a monoleaf.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:32 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

A dealer I know has extra stock springs so I just cut the ends off of them and add em to the stack, So far it worked real good for the rear of my DS. Same spring in the front of the Carryall. Waiting for the 3" jakes to arrive... The replacement driven clutch is waiting for me......how hard is it to replace the driven cluch? Mine has excessive wear and a new replacement is available at a cost of less than parts to rebuild....
Old 03-17-2008, 09:18 PM   #10
mikes280
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
A dealer I know has extra stock springs so I just cut the ends off of them and add em to the stack, So far it worked real good for the rear of my DS. Same spring in the front of the Carryall. Waiting for the 3" jakes to arrive... The replacement driven clutch is waiting for me......how hard is it to replace the driven cluch? Mine has excessive wear and a new replacement is available at a cost of less than parts to rebuild....
you can change the driven clutch in 10 min. nothing to it i just did mine had it machined by tom at carts parts plus and it worked great i also repleced to belt and the weights in the drive clutch when i started the cart would run 12 mph stock now it runs 24.8 on my gps and i got all of the speed from teh clutch work and i raised the gov. rpm a little. back to my ? the reason i ask is i went to a club car dealer and looked at a new carry all 2 that sets a little higher then the one i am working with and all i could see different in the front end was it had 4 of the plates on it where this one has only 1
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts