lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-17-2012, 06:17 PM   #41
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: Governor rod adjustment

You're sure it's an FE290? They didn't put those in Club Cars until 1992 as far as I know.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-17-2012, 06:51 PM   #42
dukehbg
Not Yet Wild

Yes very sure it's got the label and I formation on it. And the original motor was replaced to this bout 8 years ago.
dukehbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:24 PM   #43
Orgnoi1
Getting Wild

Club Car

I will be doing this in the spring for sure...
Orgnoi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:15 AM   #44
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

I ended up putting my throttle rod (the one I posted pictures of) back to stock because it was messing with my parking brake. With the rod lengthened, the gas pedal was forcing the park brake cams together (since they are directly connected), causing my park brake to engage everytime I hit the brakes.

Instead I adjusted the governor rod up top between the transaxle and the carburetor. The governor rod itself on my '87 (KF82 motor) has no springs in it like the newer one ('92-up) in the pic posted earlier by Lockman. Mine is just a solid rod attached to a spring-loaded lever at the transaxle. I have adjusted the rod forward towards the carburetor and it seems to have the same effect on the motor (more rpms, more power). I'll post a pic later. Has anyone ever messed with a cart with this older-style governor? I just want to make sure I haven't completely disabled the governor and now pose a threat to my engine.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:30 PM   #45
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Here's what the governor looks like on my '87. Solid metal rod from here to the carburetor with an adjustment nut (red arrow) Judging by what I've seen with the newer carts, mine seems like a super-easy adjustment. Almost seems too easy.

Old 01-14-2013, 09:11 PM   #46
Tomfl
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
Here's what the governor looks like on my '87. Solid metal rod from here to the carburetor with an adjustment nut (red arrow) Judging by what I've seen with the newer carts, mine seems like a super-easy adjustment. Almost seems too easy.

Am I blind or is the arrow missing???
Tomfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:57 AM   #47
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

It didn't show up when I first posted it, I did the editing using Photobucket's online editing program. I can see it now.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:54 PM   #48
Buickguy
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzCop View Post
I really want to keep the rev limiter though. Not sure I'm ready for the ramifications of removing it completely... Thanks for the advice...
I tend to want to make stuff switchable.
What I did was install a switch so I could interrupt the ground to the rev limiter at will.
Here's how I laid out mine. I taped up where I bolted the two ring connectors together.

Buickguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:40 AM   #49
jeostang
Not Yet Wild

I removed my governor on Sunday. I use my cart to push a race car, I have not tested it yet but with the load of pushing the car I'm guessing I won't hit the rpm limit. I'm more worried about everyone else the drives the cart around the track when I'm not in it.
jeostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:52 PM   #50
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

What year is your cart? I don't know about the newer carts, but on mine I leave the rod bolted to the axle, but when I'm using the cart, it's unhooked to the carb throttle. If I were let someone else drive it, I would lift the seat and stick the rod back onto the carb in 3 seconds.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car