lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2013, 09:19 PM   #1
cmalberto
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Accelerator Pedal seems odd

Maybe when I get the newness worn off these little things probably won't be as noticeable. Noticed the last couple of days that when I have my accelerator fully depressed, sometimes the speed(abeit 16ish) seems sluggish in that it slows down and then back up....If I move my foot to the right on the pedal, all is normal. Another symptom is that there isn't a lot of variability in the pedal. Meaning that if you back off a tad, it is hard to hold a constant speed. Seems to take 1/2 or more to get moving. Is this a sign of something going on the the pedal. It seems solid and the spring(s) are quite strong - may too strong.

Just thought I would post and throw this out there for ideas.

Thanks in advance.

--Mickey
P.S. I really go build my tag line soon.
cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2013, 04:36 AM   #2
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Accelerator Pedal seems odd

. . . need more info . . year, VGlide, Pot, etc . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:34 AM   #3
cmalberto
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevegrmich View Post
. . . need more info . . year, VGlide, Pot, etc . . .
It is a new to me 09' CC Precedent 48v(6x. Not sure what kind of throttle system I have. Every thing is stock for now.

I really don't have a basis to compare to other than it just feels awkward that full throttle may not be full. And the mid-interval throttle position doesn't feel like middle would/should be. And 3/4 is sort of erratic - which may be me not being able to hold it as steady rate.

Hope this helps.

If you have specifics, I provide as much info as I can.
Old 06-30-2013, 02:21 AM   #4
Atomcfl
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

We are having the same problem with our new to us 10. It is lifted and has 12" offroad tires.

It just doesn't feel smooth. We do have the regen on the highest setting (for my kid).

I am interested to hear about this!
Atomcfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:25 AM   #5
cmalberto
Gone Wild

Club Car

Welcome to the forum. I actually took this cart back - less than a week old. They swapped out carts - obviously I wasn't willing to repair on my nickel and the folks I bought from don't have that kind of expertise. They build'em and flip'em.

I highly suspected this to be an MCOR issue - it had the symptoms of everything I had been reading on this site. I have also read where you may want to see if there is any 'slack' in the pedal where it moves the MCOR(electronics in the goPedal switch). Sometimes there is wear that requires a pedal replacement.

Any ways - keep reading - I have seen other posts in the last few weeks that may help.

Best of luck - either way, post your findings. Others will benefit from it as well.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:39 AM   #6
Atomcfl
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I put the cart on jack stands this morning and worked the pedal.

You have to take it to half throttle before it will begin to turn the tires. At the point the jerk show pretty Well but only in lower pedal. Full throttle seems fine but if you work the throttle the least bit it acts up.

Also if you work the pedal on the right side instead of the usual left it seems to work better.

The cart came for King of Carts in SC two weeks ago, hopefully they can help!
Old 06-30-2013, 10:52 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sorry to hear that after 40 years of golf cart engineering and production Club Car still can't make a reliable gas peddle, Sheesh!

You don't hear this complaint in the Ezgo section

Keep us posted
Hopefully - there is a simple fix ......
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:09 AM   #8
croc1
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

king of carts has a 30 day warranty on used carts. they are very good about standing behind thier carts within the warranty period!
croc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:06 AM   #9
Atomcfl
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

New throttle pedal fixed the problem. King of Carts stood behind their sale and sent me a new unit. Couldn't ask for a better experience!
Old 07-15-2013, 08:33 PM   #10
pete959
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

my buddy runs the cart barns at few courses around town he says out of the 200 cc precidents they have 150 have had to have mcor replaced.
pete959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car