lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-25-2013, 02:25 PM   #1
zeus5150
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 1988 Club Car (gas) Parts

New to the forum. Just picked up an '88 club car gas for $500. I've been searching for a good site/ catalog that has parts for these cars. I see a lot of sites that offer many parts for 93 up. Some list the headlight kits as being for only 93 up cars and some others sell what appears to be the same thing except they state that they will fit all club cars. Any info would be greatly appreciated
zeus5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-25-2013, 03:09 PM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: 1988 Club Car (gas) Parts

Here's why they say the headlight kits will only fit '93-up. The '93-up front fascia has a taller leading edge, if you try to put the '93-up headlights on an '81-'92 front fascia the headlights will be too big and won't fit right.

Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:51 PM   #3
zeus5150
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks. That makes more sense. I definitely a picture kind of guy. Why is it so difficult to find pre 93 parts?
Old 09-25-2013, 08:01 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus5150 View Post
Why is it so difficult to find pre 93 parts?
Because most of them have been discontinued,
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:43 PM   #5
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Don't buy fender flares for '93-up carts. They won't fit right either. The '81-'92 carts had fiberglass bodies and separate rubber fender flares, while the '93-up carts have plastic bodies with the fender flares as an integral part of the mold.

What kind of parts are you looking for and are not able to find?
Old 09-25-2013, 08:52 PM   #6
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Here's a pic of an '86 cart that has a small headlight kit that fits the older front fascia. There used to be a seller on eBay that sold these but I can't find them now...

Old 09-25-2013, 09:17 PM   #7
zeus5150
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks. That's what i was looking for, but I'm starting to think about cobbling something together using leds. Did they remove the rear fender flares from this one? Just wonding if they can b painted along with the body since they seem to be soft plastic/ rubber. Has anyone found a suitable readily available air filter for these cars?
Old 09-25-2013, 09:32 PM   #8
zeus5150
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
Don't buy fender flares for '93-up carts. They won't fit right either. The '81-'92 carts had fiberglass bodies and separate rubber fender flares, while the '93-up carts have plastic bodies with the fender flares as an integral part of the mold.

What kind of parts are you looking for and are not able to find?
Pretty much the light kit, commercially available air filter, fender flare kit for now. Just really excited to take a break from the woodworking and delve into a small car restoration project. I apologize if i sound like a novice, but its cause i am. The guy i bought it from owned a small golf course and is retiring. He gave me an extra front cowl as the one on it needs repair. Just finished repairing/priming the replacement one. Will probably sell(?)donate(?) The other one to a good home. Also have the golf bag holder. Dont know if they r worthanything though. Not really interested in making any money off of them. Just bought the cart for the family capng trips and for the little ones to tool around the farm. It gonna be a "showy, keepin up with the smiths" type thing as a bunch of other guys wr go campin with bought them also. But i also want to make sure its in top mechanical conditiom too. Like i said, i can build furniture, but just now found the air filter in this thing. Changed the fuel lines and filters and changed the oil (after spending a good hour looking for the oil filter).
Old 09-25-2013, 09:39 PM   #9
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

I've pretty much turned every bolt and screw on my '87 gas cart so if you have questions just post up. You should be able to paint the rubber flares. I'm not 100% sure though, my '87 cart has a '93-up main body with the integral flares.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:15 PM   #10
zeus5150
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

How hard is one of these engine rebuild kits?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car