lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-05-2010, 03:49 PM   #1
mauistardog
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Wiper arm adjustment on 88 resistor cart

Hi all, I have search the site, but still looking for an answer on adjusting the wiper arm. there looks to be two area or screws where you could adjust the wiper arm on the board. my cart is not coming back to zero and just touches the first contact. The first adjustment screw is in the battery area by the ball joint, the other is under the cart by the accelerator. Both are frozen solid right now, will have to free up one, but not sure which one. my second question is I still can't get the old wiper contact off. I changed the contacts, but can't figure out how to replace the moving contact on the arm.

mahalo for any help.

joe
mauistardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-05-2010, 03:53 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Wiper arm adjustment on 88 resistor cart

JOe, I think your wiper arm is one piece with the cable connected to it. There is a big brass nut on the back side..... Hope that helps ....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SP100.jpg (3.6 KB, 9 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 04:11 PM   #3
mauistardog
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

close, mine looks like this

I will look for a nut, but mine looks like it is held in place by the tension between the spring/contact and the board.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 790.jpg (10.4 KB, 6 views)
Old 03-05-2010, 04:31 PM   #4
mauistardog
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

here are images of the parts that are stuck pretty good. the clevis yoke is under the cart and the adjustment nut is stuck pretty good. the ball adjustment is near the the contact board is located in hard spot to make much of an adjustment. If I can get one to move, which one will adjust the wiper arm movement?

joe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5554correct.jpg (1.5 KB, 85 views)
File Type: gif 6433.gif (2.1 KB, 83 views)
Old 03-06-2010, 07:44 PM   #5
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

Youj can adjust either one, doesn't matter. To get the moveable contact out, just tap it out.
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:10 AM   #6
mauistardog
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

At least on my cart the answer is neither After messing with both, none made much movement on the wiper arm position. The real adjustment or at least on mine was loosing the big mounting nut and then just tilting/pivoting the whole board. Hopefully someone will learn from my trial and error method.

aloha
joe
Old 08-01-2010, 09:52 PM   #7
bboyter
Getting Wild

Yamaha

gentlemen,,,,,and I use that term loosely. Thanks for all the advice. It turns out it is the spring loaded piece. I am going to order one and go ahead and replace all the studs at the same time. The board appears to be in great shape. Thanks I will let you guys know after I replace it.
bboyter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:34 PM   #8
mauistardog
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Glad we could help, I yours looks like the one Scottyb posted it should be easy. If it looks like the one I posted, you gotta pull the whole board to get it off. If the age, the board may be brittle. They sell the whole set up, studs and all. may be worth the effort of getting everything off the old board.
joe
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO